1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Are we destined to do certain actions

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Kamla,

It is very kind of you to not only make a visit but also brighten my day with your opening remarks. RGS does a better job of it than me as his write up is much more practical, very well articulated and refreshing with new thoughts. Without your presence, no post can be considered as complete.

It is very true that we don't need Vijay TV to learn about Paramacharya or such other Purshuthomas. There is no question in my mind he is divine. The amount of service he had done for the welfare of this world is enormous. They all come in mortal forms to communicate something subtle to us and we mortals fail to comprehend them. To sacrifice one's life for the welfare of the world is a divine action. I can't even begin to compare ordinary mortal like me with Paramacharya. Everyday I fail to make people around me happy leave alone doing it on a regular basis.

What an apt quote you have mentioned in your response here! When we are all only instruments in the hands of the Lord, how can we afford to delve on I and mine.

Karma theory is very difficult to comprehend for mortals like me as well. Unfortunately, we live in the state of forgetfulness and we have no vision of all our past actions. No one can say with confidence that he or she had understood the Karma theory unless he or she had learned to live in conscious state, see past, presence and future and win the limitations of time and space. I write all that with my one intention to learn more and certainly by no means it reflects a good understanding of karma theory.

Dr Hawkins indicate the consciousness of the world in a scale of 1,000 and unfortunately the world still delves around 200-250. It is because of the noble souls like Paramacharya that the scale tilts to higher level. Only at 500, the world will reach unconditional love for fellow being and we still have a long way to go. Only above 800, we can think of living in the state of consciousness.

I enjoyed RGS's Maharajapuram Santhanam's wonderful rendition as well. It brought me pleasant memories of him singing during our wedding reception.

Viswa

2. PavithraS

PavithraS Platinum IL'ite

@Viswamitra,

Sir, I was also one of the regular follower of that program. To me Kanchi Maha Swamigal is Deivam. After coming to US, we as a family underwent one particular unhappy incident which I am not going to reveal. The thing is we were not in a position to communicate the problem we were undergoing here to our family back in India fearing they might be worried and given the age factor my in-laws might get hurt badly.

As we are nothing but Children of the Supreme, I could not help but cry at the feet of Ambal and pray Kanchi Maha periyavaa to do advocate job for me. Me and my husband were suffering a lot mentally and I was in no mood to celebrate Pongal, it was around that time . This continued for 2 weeks.

On that unforgettable day, I just lit the lamp at my Pooja 'room' which is actually the pantry space they have it here in homes, and was prostrating in front of Periyavaa picture there, crying out loud for help and acceptation and was asking for a signal from Him that He accepted me. I was gone mad from crying...

At that exact time my father in law sent an image of Periyavaa to my husband's what's app knowing nothing about our situation . It was that of a beautiful bronze idol of Periyavaa that the Sri Matam volunteers were taking from one place to another for devotees to offer Pooja @ home.

They had come to my in laws' land lord's home for the Pooja routine. When my father in law requested them if they could bless us granting permission to conduct the Pooja at our home as well, they did not think twice, usually they do a check on our piousness and if satisfied alone will accept our offer, they just said tomorrow will come for your Pooja and then go to Kancheepuram straight.

Incidentally the next day was my birthday ! My father in law told us it feels good to do Pooja to Maha Periyavaa on my birthday given the fact I am His Holiness's devotee. I got goose bumps that very moment just like now as I am posting this.

He not only blessed us to do the Pooja at home but also cleared the problem in next few days....
    When every thing was back to normal and we narrated the incident my in laws were just speechless...

If this is one kind of experience for me, how many would have got His Karunyam and would have crossed the Bhava Saagaram ...Was not or perhaps still is not,His DESTINY to be Mother figure, Anaatha Rakshakan, Deena Bandhu to so many... It was only wise of Him to question his poorvaashrama mother, Smt.Mahalakshmi Subramania Saastrigal in that way . How blessed a soul they would have been to gift the world such a GREAT SAGE....

Respects & Regards,

Pavithra.

1 person likes this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Pavithra,

Thank you for your comprehensive reply to this post. Paramacharya is Siva Swaroopa and there were several examples in the serial I mentioned how He helped true devotees from difficulties. When He spent years in Kalavai, we used to regularly visit Him. Having dharshan of Him itself brings so much of blessings to the devotees.

I was overwhelmed by the experience you have narrated. It is not advisable to mention the personal problem in the public domain and you have made the right choice not to describe it. When I was a child, I used to regularly go to Sankara Mutt, in West Mambalam, when Parmacharya makes visits. Those days are unforgettable. Unfortunately, I didn't have the same level of understanding I have about Paramacharya now when I was a child.

I will narrate one incident of my friend from Andhra explained to me when he visited us. He along with his father paid a visit to have dharshan of Mahaperiyava. He had an interest to visit the museum in Kanchipuram that has treasure of Sanskrit literature as he learned Veda for 10 years. When he took the blessings of Mahaperiyava, He blessed him and told him not to forget the visit to the museum even without him telling Mahaperiyava about his desire. He asked them to eat in the Mutt before they leave. They did and immediately left for the Museum. However, the Museum was closed at 2 p.m. My friend and his father was disappointed and left for the bus stop. All of a sudden, they saw a man running towards them in the Bus Stop claiming he was sent by Mahaperiyava to look for them in the Bus Stop. When they were surprised, the man who was looking for them surprised them even more by stating that he has been instructed to open the Museum so that they could visit. He was very moved by the gesture of Mahaperiyava to take care of every devotee.

Viswa

1 person likes this.