1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Are walking and yoga the only options for slow exercise ?

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by abc00, Mar 28, 2015.

1. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

Hi friends,

I have tried all kinds of workouts in the past and enjoyed it. I lost weight with my own diet modifications and portion controls and maintain now almost well. I feel with age Im not able to do more of cardio now esp like zumba or dance workout because I have the body pain next day. Some friends say only walking and yoga should be done and that will be enough. I enjoy fast dance and music so much that walking by myself alone even with the best music on or too calm yoga is not helping me and im not having fun, but the good part is Im able to maintain weight by this.

Please give me some other ideas.

2. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

Swimming, water walking, Nordic walking. Usually you have pain in your muscles the following day and there is nothing harmful in that. Only a sign of that the exercise been effective :). Going to the gym increases the muscle mass and helps in maintaining the weight.

3. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

Check spark people or YouTube for low impact aerobics

4. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@abc00 - I'm almost always sore after a yoga workout too. I used to be sore after Zumba and sore after running/walking too. It did go away with practise. Now, I'm never too sore after any of my regular workouts. The only time I'm sore is when I go back to Zumba after a month of not going. Same with everything else. Consult a doc before you start any intensive workout routine, start slow and build up, push through the tough days and it will probably get better, unless you have an underlying condition.