Are today's animated kids' movies.......Poll for 9th July 2006 to 15th July 2006

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by Laxmi, Jul 9, 2006.

Are today's animated kids' movies / TV Programs too violent?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. Most are

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. Most are not

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Dear all,
    There is new rage in Indain Television programs. Jetix channel is telecasting Power Rangers which is a major craze among all the kids in India.
    Their weird gadgets, masks, swords and guns are available in all the leading stores and it has become the latest toys for the kids.
    Also the story line in these programs is nil except that they claim that they are out to protect the Earth.
    What is the influence of such programs in the kids - is it attacking and fighting and no sharing and enjoying?
    So in this regard, today's poll question is:
    Are today's animated kids' movies/ TV programs too violent?

Ladies take the poll as well post your experience as how you control your kids' TV viewing / entertainment habits.
    Happy browsing at IL.

2. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

The animated movies are not only violent they are also not good for the eye sight and brain development.The children also tend to become more violent on watching these. I restrict my son from watching such meaningless programmes.
    I would like to remind that on watching the Shaktimaan serial, many children blindly put themselves in dangerous situations believing that Shaktimaan would come and save them. One service personnel who came to service our A/c said tht his 16 year old brother hung himself on a tree branch this way and died.
    With warm wishes,
    varloo