Are these moulds available in Chennai?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by lvarada, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi lalitha,

Interesting..Ippadi ellam seer veikalaama :idea:idea:idea .. Good Good Enjoy..Also in short let me know the process for making it...

My :my2cents mix some color in the syrup to make it more attractive(Hope it doesn't spoils the shape :hide:)

2. lvarada

lvarada Bronze IL'ite

I am planning on adding some food colours for some of the designs... will let u know the process and the place to get the moulds..

3. samarsundari

samarsundari Bronze IL'ite

Hi Lalitha,

Can u pls share the procedure of this ?

4. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Hi Lalitha,

I thought you would be interested in this information. You can also make your own show piece of a saree and dhoti and present the seer varisais in aarthi plates done by you. Go through some threads in the Mixed works forum, or if you need to know the procedure, I will let you know. I had done it, earlier last year for my anna's wedding. The saree is done by making a mixture of dalda,maida and sugar. It is then fitted into a saree box, and zari is stuck to make it look like a saree. Food colours can also be added. Do post on this thread if you get the sugar moulds here, in chennai.

Cheers
    Arch

5. lvarada

lvarada Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Archana.. I am going through the thread you had started for your anna's wedding... I was planning on doing the aarthi plate for the wedding in Jan. Now because of my advanced pregnancy want to keep it simple with the sugar firgures. I will definelty contact you for the procedure during Jan.. Thanks a lot...
    Somasundari.. will post the procedure in a day or two.

6. samarsundari

samarsundari Bronze IL'ite

Thanks a lot my friend.

7. lvarada

lvarada Bronze IL'ite

Varaloo, Archana and Shakambari...thanks for pointing me in the right direction.. yep its available in Triplican.. Hubby just called in to say he has got it.. but they have individual achu's and not the set it seems..they will get plenty of stock during the pongal / sankaranthi time. There are 2 shops which had these moulds... They are just adjacent to the main enterance to the Parthasarathy templey opposite to where the scooters and car parking is present it seems. In the first shop close to the temple enterance, the mould finish was very good it seems and the cost quoted was 50 and he could bargain and get it for 40 a piece. In the 3rd shop, the moulds were a little smaller in size and they were costing 30 a piece. Will post the procedure shortly. Thought I will update the location first. :)
    Have a nice day everyone...

8. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Thats Great lalitha :thumbsup..thanks for sharing..If you find time ..Please pass on the link to access Archana's thread(wedding preparation) which you had mentioned

9. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Lalitha,

Great! This is good news, and all those in Chennai can try it there. Please do post the procedure too

Cheers
    Archana

10. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hi that is good news. My sil is from Mysore and she brought such items during my sister's marriage. I had been to o ne of her family weddings in Bangalore. My God, her realtive had planned everything well and the function went on as if it was a military programme. It is customary there to keep one or two tables with such seer (both groom's and bride's side) and other things, all handmade. My sil's relative had also done a variety of these sugar things and she had decorated a table beautifully. It was very nice to see that. Also the bride's side had made lotus (large ones) using felt paper. They kept the lotus one after another when the groom came inside the madapam after Kasi yatha ceremony. That was also so novel.
    North Indians decorate a plate - they stick the plate with felt paper and decorate with pearls or with pther such things and also dangle beads at the edge too.
    My sil's nieces are both in the fashion technology side and they always give even a small gift wrapped very nicely. Even dress material, saree etc. are packed nicely. For the elder niece's valaikappu, the younger one made a bangle box and gave the bangles in that. It was decorated beautifully with see thro lid.