Are there Indian temples in middle-east?

Discussion in 'Africa & Middle East - Other Areas' started by lahari, Nov 26, 2006.

1. kolachina

kolachina New IL'ite

iam new to Bahrain,any body can say the exact location of all hindu temples here,please.Computer Typing

2. vasu95

vasu95 New IL'ite

Hi,
    There are lot of spirutual as well as religious activities in Bahrain. We have Iskon temple, Srinathji temple, Devi Temple, Gurudawara. Lot of activities like Bala Vikas, Bal Vihar. Art of Living & Sai Group satsang is held in various places every week ends.

Though the temple may not look temple in Chennai, but the pooja is done in very religious manner.

Vasundhara.

3. keerthanasm

keerthanasm New IL'ite

In Muscat too there are temples. We have a lovely Krishna temple, Siva temple. Both of these manged by Gujarathis. There is an amman kovil also. Apart form these there is a Gurdwara and 2 churches.

A lot religious activits haappen in the temples...like bhajans, sastha prethi, rukmini kalyanam, sai bhajans, art of living discourse and other spiritual discourses.

It is really very nice that HM has allowed these kinds of activities in a country that follows only islam.

4. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Hi Lahiri

In Dubai - Bur Dubai area

There are Hindu temples for Srinathji (Sri Krishna/Radhai) run by Bhatias, so the style of functioning is similar to Srinath Dwaraka in Rajasthan. The temple closes at 7:30 pm on week days and 7:45PM on Fridays. Arti is at 7:15Pm, temple opens in the evening at 6:00PM. Maha Prasad will be distributed to all bhaktas on all days. During Holi, Janmashtami, Makar Sankaranthi, Diwali like important festival days the temple opens beyond normal hours.

Adjacent to this is Shiv Mandir. We can offer all pooja materials and offer milk on the Shiv Lingam on Mondays in mornings. They conduct all rituals like wedding, naming, tonsuring, Thai Poosam, Sathya Narayana pooja, any planetary pooja, Sastha Preethi, Ganesh Chathurthi etc. etc. Above this is Sikh Gurudwara. There are lots of shops outside the temples selling all kinds of pooja materials like flowers, lamps, special neivedyam sweets and so on. Everyday Arthi takes place at 7:00 PM and prasad distributed like mixed rice, Roti & Channa, sweets etc.

Besides, also there are many groups conducting Sai Bhajan, Hastha poojai, Pradosham committee likewise. We also conduct Seetha Kalyanam, Radha Kalyanam once a year in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Also there are vadhyars who conduct Guru Peyarchi pooja, shivrathri, Hanuman Jayanthi pooja etc. There are enough religious activities are happening here. Also Spiritual lectures, discourses, yoga etc. take place by visiting scholars.

You dont ever feel that you are in an arab country. Also there are temples in Bahrain and Muscat.

God bless you

Best Regards
    Shanti

5. sang12

sang12 New IL'ite

Hi All,

Is there any temple in Abu Dhabi?

Sangeeta

6. pashni

pashni IL Hall of Fame

In muscat, they say swaminarayan mandir is alsothere.but i couldnt find it where?i live in ruwi.and the temple address says it is in muscat gala camp.but where is that place?i am new to muscat.can u help me.

7. Jayathi

Jayathi New IL'ite

Can some one please give a phone number of the temple ?
    Thanks

8. vbhan

vbhan New IL'ite

Dear Vasundharaji,
    I am new to bahrain and am looking at a center where Sai bhajans are conducted. Also, is there any sai samiti here or any active seva group which i can join?

Regards
    Vishnu Bhan

9. SudhaN

SudhaN New IL'ite

Hi Sharda,
    Can you give me more details about Bahrein temples as I would be moving there by the end of this year.Thanks.