1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

are there anybody who lives with their inlaws, love them , and feels they are good?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by anurajiv, Feb 23, 2010.

1. anurajiv

anurajiv New IL'ite

iam living with my inlaws.

2. adara

adara Bronze IL'ite

Re: are there anybody who lives with their inlaws, love them , and feels they are goo

Anu: You are living with your inlaws......so how do you feel about it??

Nope I don't live with my inlaws but if needed I would consider that option. I am not totally for or against it. It depends on the situation. I need my freedom to do things and I believe in clear communication. So, if I find something I don't like then I should be free to express. If that is possible then I don't mind living with inlaws.
    Someone living with their inlaws need not necessarily feel miserable. It depends from person to person. Some may feel good about it and some dread it. But if you feel you do not like the idea you should live separately and be happy about it rather than lead a life you hate.

Try to keep open communication and see but if it still does not work then live away because that is good for everyone mentally and physically too.

Take care.:thumbsup

3. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Re: are there anybody who lives with their inlaws, love them , and feels they are goo

Anu,

when you start a thread, please make sure you start constructive ones which announces what you intend to discuss. Please do not just state one-liners and leave it at that.

Dont mention the entire thing in the thread title, just give a jist of the dicussion and write in detail in the post..

if you are not looking for suggestions and just want to have a discussion.. make sure you participate in it too. Like, if you have started something, talk about it yourself as well.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  4. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Anu only following women will say yes to it:

1) .0000000000000000001% on Indian population who were lucky enuff to have best rarest or rare set of inlaws.
    2) Those ladies who don't know about their rights & basic one to feel happy.
    3) Those who're gifted and don't fall into the normal category to feel emotions like pain, identity crises, insult & longing for their own parents.
    4) Those who have no one else to go to.

I would love to live everyday with my inlaws if my FIL / MIL & SIL (inseparable package :coffee) looses her bad tongue & basic human emotion of jealousy & showing down people.

5. meerajesh59

meerajesh59 Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    I am one of the luckiest person. I am living with my inlaws for last five years. We are very happy. We never had a fight. They take care of me as their own daughter. They never expect anything from me and me too.
    Expectation is the cause of all problems. Understanding others feelings is very important in joint family.

6. SupSam

SupSam Senior IL'ite

Hi ladies,

I am married since last 4 yrs and have a lovely 3yr old DD. Mine was a love cum arranged marriage although it was HARD to convince my parents. I am living with my in laws and am happy. I had always been in favor of living with in laws considering that tomorrow my bro too will get married and my parents would be in laws to someone and I know that even they are not going to turn into the best in laws as per some of their attitudes...but inspite all I have always loved them...right. I was well prepared although there was a huge diff in the atmosphere and background of both families but I knew I shall try my best...Wasn't easy but I always knew that my in laws were never doing anything to hurt me deliberatly just like my parents never hurt me deliberatly but at times I had felt too hurt bcos of them too. Thats natural difference between 2 individuals.
    I wont deny that yes I had always tried to and been a daughter to my in laws but yes many a times I felt the difference between my SIL and DH being their own kids and me not. I used to speak out evrything frankly in front of MIL...and my DH always used to tell me...dont stress ur mind trying to be a daughter here...just be a good DIL. I suppose I never understood until I cried a few number of times and that slowly forced me to drift away and keep distance and be just a good DIL. DH has always supported me as much as possible but we have always kept the priority of not hurting parents so as to keep peace at home and our minds but at times we too needed to get stubborn or behave ignorantly for some issues or else MIL starts taking advantage of same.

There do keep arising small issues but still I would never want to consider getting away from them whatsoever...They are parents afterall and since the time I have joined this froum I feel...my issues are too small and I can over all say I am happy to be with in laws. They are a great asset to me as I am working 10-7 and they very good care of DD and do not let me get burdened with any household work either.

7. meerajesh59

meerajesh59 Gold IL'ite

Hi
    In addition I am very sensitive person and short tempered. I have lot of feminist thoughts and my mother in law too support me. Controversies rises even with our parents. They support me and even they never interfered when I helped my parents. They appreciated me a lot for this thought. No talking behind. All of us are straight forward, if we find something wrong with others we tell to them directly and the problem get solved within minutes.
    What do say friends?

8. SupSam

SupSam Senior IL'ite

I agree Meena...My in laws too have never objected to my and DH's participation in my family and have always respected my parents a lot. I am grateful to MIL for this :)

9. Chochy

Chochy New IL'ite

I am another lucky one....My DH being the only son, my MIL loves me.... also my FIL passed away wen my DH is doing his college.....we are married for 1.5 years....
    As I am working my MIL takes care of the entire household....right from cooking to monitoring the maid....
    I still feel my life is as same as before marriage.... I dont see any difference b/w my parent's house & hubby's house.....:)