Are there any examples of Indian Syrian Christian guy marrying a Hindu girl?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by pari86, Apr 13, 2012.

1. pari86

pari86 Bronze IL'ite

Are there any examples of Indian Syrian Christian guy marrying a Hindu girl?

I know they are endogamous and do not tend to inter-marry.

Any such relationship either failed or succeeded.

2. sherin78

sherin78 Silver IL'ite

Am a Syrian christian and know few relatives and friends who married from other religions/communities. So far have not seen any cases of separation or divorce. you can call the community endogamous but to my knowledge only Knai christians appear to be very rigid. In other divisions of the community youngsters do marry others. May I know the reason for your question.

1 person likes this.
  3. pari86

pari86 Bronze IL'ite

thanks for your reply. Well it was for one of my friends, she is kinda going hard times to get married. I don't know the full story. there was a talk going regarding this topic among our group. So this question has raised in my mind.

and, who are knai christians? what is the difference?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  4. ranjini123

ranjini123 New IL'ite

Dear Sherin,
    I am happy to read your post. I know a Hindu gal in love with a Syrian Christian guy. Both are interested in going ahead with the marriage. of course the wedding will be in church. But can you give some points as to how both of them have to go about and take the topic with their parents. is the Hindu gal reqd to get converted? How long is that process? What other things she has to be ready for? Usually are hindu gals welcome in Syrian christian homes as daughter -in -law? Your relatives experiences will help... Thank you in advance for sharing. I am happy these days inter religious marriage are common in India :)

5. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

6. ranjini123

ranjini123 New IL'ite

Thank you for the reply. The gal and guy dont expect each other to get converted . They have no issues with religion. But i want to know what all can be expected when they start to talk of this inter religious marriage takes place with their parents. THey might be broadminded and accept the guy and the gal. if not, what all customs are required to be done as prelude to the wedding ? :)

7. ranjini123

ranjini123 New IL'ite

even if they have to get converted, what is and how long is the process?

8. ranjini123

ranjini123 New IL'ite

Dear Sherin, i am happy to read your post. can you please tell me regarding the process. how long for conversion into Sy Christian, etc. what all customs will be required before marriage. please . awaiting for your kind reply. thank you sister

9. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

Any marriage based on conditions is likely to face lot of hiccups.
    Inter religious marriages are getting common but are people accepting these marriages in the real sense? If one of the partner has to convert to gain acceptance in the other partners family then where does the acceptance of society stand here?
    I am in a inter religion marriage but neither of us would ask other to leave their religion.
    Anyway to each his own but I feel when you love some one you accept them the way they are and that also includes their faith!

1 person likes this.
  10. ranjini123

ranjini123 New IL'ite

Please in what way we can help my friend? the wedding has to take place.