Are parenting courses effective?

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by Laxmi, Feb 4, 2008.

Are parenting courses effective?.

1. Yes, definitely

8 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. No, not effective

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Poll for 3rd Feb. 2008 to 9th Feb. 2008

Hello ILites

"Taare Zameen Par" is a must see movie for all the parents out there. It is a very sensitive movie that tells how a child should not be treated and how its creative talents should not be arrested. Not only parents of special children but as well that of normal children should go see this movie which is a real eye-opener.

Wait did I post the thread in the wrong forum, no the impact of the movie is so much that it triggered me to take up this weekly poll in line with the parenting.
    Parents of today are so stressed out that they need real effective guidance as how to handle their children. In general a help in the form of parenting courses and seminars would be a great help.

Take up this week poll and post in your views about Parenting. Am sure it would help a lot of Moms in our community.

2. sudhabatni

sudhabatni Bronze IL'ite

Dear lakshmi,

Thank you so much for this nice thread. A very good topic this time as a weekly poll.

Yes, each and every parent must watch this movie.....Very heart touching to the parents (esp mothers) with full of emotions, good moral values in the story.

Being so much of stress to the parents regarding their children's future from the nurturing stage, parents really need guidance and how to care and handle them in a proper systematic way.

Regards

3. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

I agree that it is a must see movie.Parents these days are not only stressed themselves but put children under tremendous pressure as well..I think the parents need lot of coaching about how to bring up children.