Are Ovulation test kits reliable?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by saps105, Dec 15, 2014.

1. saps105

saps105 Gold IL'ite

hello ladies,

We are trying for a 2nd baby. planning to use an OPKS.Can OPKs be trusted? We have a DD. We have would like to have a boy,though we wouldn't mind having a boy or a girl. What are the chances of chances of having boy baby using the OPKs? these are 50:50 chances i know. but still what is the success rate.

Hoping to hold a baby very soon. praying for a healthy baby. Baby dust to all.

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Ovulation kits will tell you exactly that: the window when you ovulate. They have nothing to do with conceiving a boy or a girl.

3. JustMyself

JustMyself Gold IL'ite

OPKs are for predicting ovulation. They do not help in ensuring gender of a baby.

4. saps105

saps105 Gold IL'ite

Thanks ladies. Actually i am hypothyroid and my periods are irregular so i want to use Opks since i dont know when i ovulate. Missed adding that in the earlier post. I only wanted to know whether its reliable as i have no experience using it. Gender is just a wish. Any baby, if at all i conceive with thyroid issue will be welcome. Sorry if i sounded as if the kit is for a particular gender.

Some days i get periods aftr38, 40, 45 days. So i dont know when i ovulate

5. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

yes, the kits are reliable. They just hint you on when you are going to ovulate.

1 person likes this.