1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Are microwaves harmful?

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by sanravi_1970, Dec 19, 2006.

1. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Is use of microwave unhealthy?? can we use it daily for cooking..

2. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    You can go to the link www.sakthifoundation.org
    They elaborately analyse the ill effects of using microwaves.
    I don`t know how far it is reliable, but I minimise my usage
    of microwave except for urgent reheating purposes.

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hello !

Please go to
    http://www.microwavecookingforone.com/Safety.html
    Please read Safety of Microwave Cooking. I happened to read it recently & hence the reference here !
    It says

"Frankly, there is more danger from the microwaves emitted from your computer screen than there are from your microwave oven."

Love,
    Chithra.

4. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hai folks,
    we humans are already past such threats. Last week, there was an article about the safety of the micro wave in the Hindu, Metro section. It says that we need not worry about the waves, they are not so strong to cause any problem.
    I would say that we should be in the stone age, if we think about all the problems caused by the gadgets we use. We cannot even use motors, fridges, gas, electricity and all the modern necessities. Even in the days of the aduppu days (cooing with wood), many people had had TB and such lung related problems-caused by continuously cooking in the heat ane inhaling the smoke of the wood. Then, there was facility to diagonise and treat, the women just died with out treatment. Now, because of the media , we get to know everything and confuse ourselves.So do not mind such warnings.

5. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

thanks everybody for ur replies.

will take a look at the links u have provided

thanks

6. CrazeCAF

CrazeCAF New IL'ite

Its funny how many of us have become ignorant. Even though we know it might have some bad side effects, we choose to convince ourself little doesn't matter. Well let me tell you something, why has there been a large rise in cancer rates in the past 20 years? Why is it that more children have become ill? Well, it might have something to do with this attitude of ours. True, the microwaves emitted are so small that it shouldn't even matter, but does that excuse the harmful effects of radiation? of infrared? Definitely Not.

Let me take perfluorochemicals for example. Why is it that north americans have the highest amount of perfluorochemicals in our bodies than any other continent in the world? Would it have something to do with our cookware, lifestyles, and perhaps this ignorance of ours? I bet it would. Simply ignoring the fact can often lead in unnecessary consequences at the end. But really, is there anything we can do? I mean how do we heat our food? How else do we go about our lifestyle? I guess it comes down to how you want to live your life. I'm not saying everyone who uses technology is doomed to cancer, premature death, etc... What i'm saying is that you will be increasing the risk of those consequences if you simply ignore all these warning. :|