1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Are men scared of smarter women??

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Dinny, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaleemaRex

SaleemaRex Gold IL'ite

Confident guys are not going to be bothered about their wife/girl friend being smarter than them... IMO.

9 people like this.
  2. polymorphic

polymorphic Platinum IL'ite

OP: on a lighter note, I think you have to change your definition of "smart" woman. I think the actual "smart" ones are the ones who can get their husbands to do everything and act liek they cant do anything... a smart wife is a one who can manage her husband and a vice versa.. they get help because they act like they are not capable of doing things :)

3. polymorphic

hats off to you indianguy!! but really, your wife is wise in choosing the partner who appreciates her and acknowledges her talents and be so open about it.. rarely, men can be pround of their wives.. do you tell this to your wife also?? if you dont, pls do tell her frequently how much you adore her!

2 people like this.
  4. polymorphic

Yes.. CONFIDENT guys!! married life is a long time for a guy to lose his confidence on the way.. things happen which can shake ones confidence!!

5. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

My definition of Smart women does include women who get things done through their husbands without them knowing about it.As in pg4 of this thread i have already mentioned the example of my MIL who i feel is extremely smart. :)

6. FE40

FE40 Silver IL'ite

Most men admire smarter women. But when they marry the same smarter women whom they admired, they expect them to be submissive!!!

Is it possible???

Then ends in misunderstandings, ego clashes, etc etc. Maybe men feel insecure when they are with smarter women?

1 person likes this.
  7. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Either i try to outsmart them or get outsmarted.

Either way, i will be happy, but the smile lingers longer in the second case :)

The ultimate fact is, earth spins.

(Couldn't resist...!)

3 people like this.
  8. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

Yes. She is an ILite herself.........reads all the contents of this 'married life' section, including what I post. How special she is to me...&...how much is my affection on her.....I often express to her by my posts in IL.....She posts less often.....but reads more. To avoid losing objectivity, she does not want to be identified. At least 3 ILites know her personally also.

3 people like this.
  9. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Suspense.....hmmm

10. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

There are 2 men in my life who have supported me in my career and decisions -
    My Dad and my H..

There are 2 men who have felt awkward with my growth and independence -
    My FIL and my Brother... both of them have had very High testosterone levels and belong to the ANGRY YOUNG MAN Clan, have chosen to stick to the belief that women have to be submissive & lesser being than them. I don't think they'll be SCARED... its just they won't even acknowledge anyone better than them... to stay away from drowning with some complex.

I can only deduce that a smart woman should indeed be SCARED of being in close proximity to such men... to avoid an irreparable damage to their smartness............ and hence stay clear.

3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.