1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Are men scared of smarter women??

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Dinny, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baarish

Baarish New IL'ite

It is a question of culture and traditions. Isn't it? Where there is Matriarchy then it is expected of women to lead and the alternative is also true.

In most cultures boys are brought up expected to lead and be in charge, make the important decisions etc. Expecting them to be any less attracts a sense of rejection by the culture. Social pressures are not easy to deal with. Therefore it is not so much a fear but an expectation.
    Could a relationship under such pressure survive? In a liberal society yes otherwise the price would be too high.
    In a team, struggle between the participants would result in the team's failure and yet cooperation is not always possible. I am sure that some failures are due to able women not taking charge fearing the consequences.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
    5 people like this.
  2. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

That one was very impressive..."Social pressures"...that's something nobody discussed in this thread..Thanks for showing me the other side of story.

3. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

FS...congratulations:)
    A...vambing (autocorrect has to say vamping! Good thing I caught it this time)
    OP, sorry not to divert your thread.

1 person likes this.
  4. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

No probs Teacher...you and Anitap brought some much needed humour to my thread :)

5. SreeSri

SreeSri Gold IL'ite

A generalized truth is the fact.
    Sun raises in the east... its a truth generally accepted anywhere .. which is nothing but a fact :)

1 person likes this.
  6. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Sun is a star and that's a fact...what say?? :)

1 person likes this.
  7. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

one school of thought : the sun rises in the east.

while,

another is: where the sun rises is 'the east'!
    (courtesy: sethuram iyer cbi http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N19ZiL096sI)

the fact remains that 'the sun rises' inspite of everything.

1 person likes this.
  8. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

:
    I have seen that movie ...u mallu??

To those who are wondering why suddenly the topic has changed to Sun and stars :idontgetit:
    pls go through pg1 of this thread.

1 person likes this.
  9. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

With me it is not the case. My wife is equally qualied like me. She earns same like me. She is very competent not only in her own subjects....but can master other subjects too ( which I can't). My son's maths and physics are impossible for me to understand. My wife perfectly learns them despite the fact that she is from biology background. She manages to coach him totally without any tuitions. ( all my colleagues have already made their kids of my son's age to go for tuitions.).

Appearance wise, I am an ordinary guy. My wife was considered a 'model' by the guys of her class. (those who have access to my IL Album would have already appreciated it ).

In every walk of life she has outdone me.....but I have never felt myself inferior to her. Rather, she is so smart that she DID NOT LET ME FEEL SO.

There were at least 3 guys in our college who proposed to her.....she rejected them.....and accepted an ordinary guy like me. I feel indebted and thankful to her.....even after 15 years of married life.

The above may sound a fictional fairy tale to some members. But it is the reality.

16 people like this.
  10. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Wow!! That was a cute love story...
    Your wife is definitely very very smart.
    I must say here that a few men on my thread have proved me wrong and you are one of them.
    BTW did you know if a woman was to choose from a Good looking man and an Intelligent guy then she would choose the intelligent one for sure. Another point which proves woman are way smarter than men hihihi
    And this must be the reason your wife must have choosen you :)

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.