Are Hamsters Friendly?

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by sumzaya, May 2, 2017.

1. sumzaya

sumzaya Gold IL'ite

My husband found an abandoned hamster and v brought it home and caring now.. it seems to be loving its new home. I like to take it on my hands but afraid of biting. Is there anyway to know it is harmless:grin::rolleyes:

2. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

Hi, we have had a few hamsters over the years, on n off. They have never bitten once. It used to go all over my hubby. But me n my kid whine a bit bcoz it has dese tickling / scratchy claws dat u can feel wen it walks on u. But they r pretty playful n can b nice pets. Also b careful as they can run n hide anywer.

Once, we searched for a whole day n nite as it ran out of its cage n hid well. Next day we found it inside d sofa with its clawing noise n it hid bak down. We tore d sofa bottom n took it out.:anguished: V got so scared n wer worried till v found it. So it gets attached too.

sumzaya likes this.
  3. sumzaya

sumzaya Gold IL'ite

Ohhh thnq so much for replying... Am excited now to try it....
    N heard it is really vry hard to find the missing hamsters as thy hide in the most unexpctd spots...

4. DavenaRosalie

DavenaRosalie Silver IL'ite

Hamsters are cute but they are not a good choice as a pet for children because they could carry germs and they are disease carriers. If you want to take care a hamster , then you should have a cage and ask an animal expert on how to take good care of them.