1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Are all husbands like this? Or only mine?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sowmyaram, Sep 8, 2012.

1. sowmyaram

sowmyaram Senior IL'ite

Why do husbands get irritated so much for silly reasons.? Why do that happen only in weekend s.....:bonk
    My husband get irritated so much that he stops speaking to me for a whole day.... Let me say what happened today.... I maintain a terrace garden and hubby has 0 contribution in maintaining apart from money.... I also have a small balcony in front of my main door.... I do maintain small plants there... Big ones will attract too many mosquitos so I shifted 2 out of 4 big plants to terrace... Ahh that triggered him.... He wanted it there.... And I didn't as I'm the one who stays at home for long time and more over mosquitos will enter living area in a big way... That's it... He is not speaking.....:crazy he says that he has, no say in anything in this place blah blah.... I font know what to do when the issue is soo small... Hell not even listen to my side of arguments .... What, do you do in these kind of situation....?

2. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Find out the" real" reason behind his irritation towards you.

3. Priyathama

Priyathama Gold IL'ite

It happens dear, they think that they their opinions are better than ours. In such situation first agree with him to make him calm then try to convince when he is in good mood. Be patient actually they are like small children who need a lot of attention, make them feel that they are the most important person in your life. Patience and love wins at last . My husband too was almost like this but now he has changed a lot. Try it dear

2 people like this.
  4. apaasn

apaasn Gold IL'ite

For one month keep the plants where he wants and after a month keep it where you want! that is the only solution where both can be happy!

5. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Each person is different. Some people agree and understand if we argue, some do after their idea fails, some never understand. You will know how your husband will understand. You have to find a way to convince your husband. One idea do not work for all. My husband is a very short tempered person and even after 25 years, I cannot be sure of his reaction. His reaction will change on the same situation on different occasions.
    When something like this happens, I just keep as he suggests and let him get mosquito bites for a day. Then he will come to my idea. This is the way my husband understands.
    One thing is, not everyone will understand if you keep quite and do as they say. They will take you for granted. But for such small things , just lose the arguement. Peace will prevail in home.

2 people like this.
  6. sumaramesh

sumaramesh New IL'ite

HI

Even my DH does this, many times i take all decisions and he just blindly
    agrees, but sometimes for silly things he wants it his way, and when i
    dont agree, he will do this silent treatment for me, so these days i let it go,
    while he is letting me take major decisions...

1 person likes this.
  7. sowmyaram

sowmyaram Senior IL'ite

Hmmm .... Ok I'll do it his way...... My husband is acts in the same way a suma ramesh mentioned about her hubby..... Let's me take major decisions but fights for small issues.... Sometimes I feel it very weired....

8. sowmyaram

sowmyaram Senior IL'ite

Thank you ladies for all your quick reply.... Got to convince him now..... :p

9. anjananathan

anjananathan Platinum IL'ite

mine is like that too.. u too have that weekend blues :)
    better explain him when he is in calm mind..

1 person likes this.
  10. silvertulip

silvertulip Platinum IL'ite

Hi dear, not all people are alike. Everyone has a different way to react to things they don't like. Same goes to ur DH, he has his own way to express his annoyance. Tiffs are common in couples and they need to handle things wisely. Communication is the key rather than getting annoyed, so if he is irritated, u keep cool and talk to him after sometime (not at the heat of the moment) as he will also be able to hear you out. When we get irritated with each other, we don't talk that time and talk after a while when both of us cool down so that then we can hear what the other person is saying!

1 person likes this.