Ardent Devotee!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by shravs3, Feb 24, 2020.

1. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Watched this video recently and I couldn’t control my laughter!! Now it’s your turn if you haven’t watched this yet ;)

2. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Lol! Remembering Telugu proverb "Evari pichhi vallaku anandam"(It is their happiness derived from their madness/craziness.

shravs3 likes this.
  3. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

True. Wondering, what’s the limit for ones madness? :p

Mistt likes this.
  4. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Why wonder when you live in America ? Our country's "Bill-of-Rights" puts that way on top as NUMBER ONE right of every citizen, without any government intervention in that exercise.
    Bill of Rights, the first Amendment:
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof
    If the Donald comes to know of that man, there could be an executive order to make that man an honorary citizen of the United States of America.

If the man collects money at his Trumple, that too would be quite legal according to US Law:
    source:religion
    The Supreme Court has interpreted religion to mean a sincere and meaningful belief that occupies in the life of its possessor a place parallel to the place held by God in the lives of other persons. The religion or religious concept need not include belief in the existence of God or a supreme being to be within the scope of the First Amendment.

As the case of United States v. Ballard, 322 U.S. 78, 64 S. Ct. 882, 88 L. Ed. 1148 (1944), demonstrates, the Supreme Court must look to the sincerity of a person's beliefs to help decide if those beliefs constitute a religion that deserves constitutional protection. The Ballard case involved the conviction of organizers of the I Am movement on grounds that they defrauded people by falsely representing that their members had supernatural powers to heal people with incurable illnesses. The Supreme Court held that the jury, in determining the line between the free exercise of religion and the punishable offense of obtaining property under False Pretenses, should not decide whether the claims of the I Am members were actually true, only whether the members honestly believed them to be true, thus qualifying the group as a religion under the Supreme Court's broad definition.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    shravs3 likes this.