1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Apts in Chappaqua, Scarsedale, Valhalla

Discussion in 'Indians in New York' started by kuttimad, Oct 26, 2015.

1. kuttimad

kuttimad New IL'ite

Hi , Can anyone let us know some info about the apartments in Chappaqua, Scarsdale, Valhalla , Which is not very pricey.

thanks

Prabha

2. Angv5

Angv5 New IL'ite

Hi Kuttimad,
    Chappaqua and Scarsdale are very expensive towns. Valhala is better. If you have kids going to school either Chappaqua or Scarsdale are better for you.

3. kuttimad

kuttimad New IL'ite

Thanks Angv5. I have twins boys 3 yrs old. I am planning to put them in the Universal Prek Program. Is Sleepy Hollow a good place to live? I found a school there which is offering Universal pre k.

4. Angv5

Angv5 New IL'ite

Im not sure if you are looking for a good apartment or good school. If you are looking for good apartment, certain areas in sleepy Hollow are better. You may have to visit the apartment complex and see if the neighbors are good or not.
    If your concern is the school, how bad a pre-k program can be? One thing I would like to add - Pre-K programs in Westchester is available only in towns like sleepy Hollow, Yonkers and whiteplaines - It depends on the needs of the community. Scarsdale and Chappaqua does not have pre-k programs.

5. kuttimad

kuttimad New IL'ite

Thank you Angv5. I did some research and found out that getting a seat in Universal Pre K is through lottery system. So chances of getting a seat is difficult. Our main concern is the school. My husband works in Whiteplains we can move to hear by towns provided we get a admission in pre k school. The fees in private schools are so very much high. With two kids it will be difficult for us.

6. Angv5

Angv5 New IL'ite

Try in Whiteplaines or Yonkers.