APRIL 2014 - MOM's TO-BE :)

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by AnithaPartha, Aug 14, 2013.

1. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Rekha,

Good to hear from you. Sorry, am unable to recollect but I can't forget being a part of Jan 2010 club but I delivered in Nov 2009... Yes, I had a preemie baby but grown to a naughty sweet 4yr old boy :) and awaiting for his younger brother's arrival.. Am sure they both will grow up as 'BEST BUDDIES' :kiss. To avoid another preterm baby, am taking mekena shots every week :thumbsup... Between, 'Laya' is a nice name. Next year, will join you again in Infants thread. I was a part of Toddler threads actually. Now, I will be switching between both I guess hahhahha :)

Stay in touch!

2. AnithaPartha

Hi Ladies,
    How are you all doing? Me taking full rest today. Due to longer walks, climbing stairs my body got really really tired and dozed off at 8.30pm itself and woke up at 9am !

Yah, am completing 21 weeks by today :wow. Crossing each milestone looks like a miracle for me!

1 person likes this.
  3. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

Anitha/Shruthi,

I used Palmer's cocoa butter lotion during my first pregnancy and it prevented stretch marks till 38 weeks, then I started getting all over as baby was growing..
    But it was very useful for me and never any itching.. it didn't stick to my clothes.. but you have to massage it well for it to dry up. I don't know about cream.. but am sure that is also good. Cream is better than lotion in winters as our skin is more dry in winter. Lotion is thinner and lighter and better for summer. Since you live in cold areas, cream is better, so I think you made the right decision. Now you have apply it religiously everyday.
    Anitha, all the best for the shots.

[​IMG]

Divya,

I don't have cable TV and never had it. Mostly online watching only. As everything is online these days.

All,

Tomorrow I have to go early to temple for ayusha homam with pal payasam and sarkarai pongal.. yumm..

I have informed manager at work about pregnancy yesterday and she was happy for me. I will be converting from contractor to full-time and starting as full-time employee from next week.

Take care ladies..

4. AnithaPartha

My dr appointment update

Hi Ladies,

An update from my side:

Yesterday dr appointment plus shots went very well. Dr mentioned that my blood pressure, urine test,wt gain, fetal HR everything as normal. We expressed our concerns on fetal echo tests. Dr mentioned that even with her son they saw bright spot(echogenic foci on heart) but nothing to worry. We were really relaxed after hearing that. Dr mentioned that if maternal 21 tests are normal then nothing to worry about. Also, I asked about low lying baby and dr said its normal. My cervix is thick and closed and measurements are also normal so dr said everything is very normal. :cool2:

I also checked about my long commute to city for work, climbing stairs etc. Dr asked me to take elevator/escalator as much as possible but in the worst case climbing stairs is not a problem seems..

I got my shots happily and came back home. Dr said I may go for GTT test 5 weeks from now and she will send me for next U/S after 5 weeks which is in my 26th weeks I guess...

Now, I can concentrate on my new project to give my best and can keep all my unnecessary worries away :yes:.

Good luck for all ladies who are going for their anomoloy scan :thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  5. AnithaPartha

Hi SM,

Pal payasam and sakarai pongal yumsmiley. You've tempted me ! For Pongal, I was asking my mom to prepare sweet pongal... Now, that by seeing your post, I feel like having it now itself.. hahha

Good luck with your FT role :party. It is so good and advantageous being a FT employee. I've experience as both and now a happy FT employee too.

1 person likes this.
  6. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Anisha,
    Congrats on your pregnancy. :)
    Eat healthy & stay healthy!
    Enjoy your pregnancy journey!

1 person likes this.
  7. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

SM,

thanks for your reply,
    did the cream work for you... u said that u had stretch marks all over after 38 weeks.. do u have them now? or those have completely gone.......???

8. aartiangels

aartiangels Silver IL'ite

Hi all, I was a active member initially in this group. But due to some complications couldnt be online much. But I do read all the posts :) My anomaly scan is due on 12th dec. Things seem to finally settle down. All thanks to God. Take care all..Now I am back :)

9. harinideep

harinideep Gold IL'ite

Hi gals ,
    Aarthi , welcome to the club again ..
    For stretch marks , Doc gave a cream and a lotion which is available only in medical shops.. I am forgetting to apply it since 15 days.. I need to be regular ..

My update :

My anamoly scan was supposed to be today .. But I had some low ab pain on thurs night and went to doc on friday .. She told to do anaomaly scan on friday itself ..

The scan was normal .. Doctor said that all parameters are normal ..

During scan I saw baby yawning , sucking finger , moving legs ..:) ... After the scan , my ab pain is gone .. Dont know how come :)

Also I guess may be it s a gal... I heard doc saying 'SHE ' .. My hubby too heard like that .. but not sure :) :) :) .... From that time i am thinking baby as a gal only as thinking about names , how to dress etc... Most of my timepass is reading mommy blogs as i feel excited while reading those :)

Weekend I enjoyed having fish fry , fish curry , icreams ( 2 times) , a2b combo etcetc .. Had lots of items :) ..

My haemoglobin has reduced to 10 from 12.3 in 20 days .. IS this normal ..? Doc did not tell any medicine for that .. Should I ask her again ... My new doctor does not encourage me calling her over phone.. My previous doctor was very friendly and she talks nicely over phone .. She had becum like a friend .. But problem is we are scared as she misses tests sometimes.. as very less patients... Will doctor prescrib my tablet for haemoglobin.. I could nt ask my doc as she was in hurry on saturday ..

Are you gals eating healthy food... I am taking pomegranate , tender coconut , guava (1) , banana .. I ve stopped taking nuts since 8 days.. should start now ..

2 people like this.
  10. harinideep

harinideep Gold IL'ite

... I guess need to start buying some maternity dresses ... In india , I find only S size for maternity legging ... I dont know if it ll fit me as thighs are not so lean .. I cannot go to shop as I am dependent on hubby for everything.. He is too busy and I cant disturb him.. Dont know what kind of clothes to buy.. Confused on what to buy ..