APRIL 2014 - MOM's TO-BE :)

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by AnithaPartha, Aug 14, 2013.

1. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Congrats chinnap, Welcome to your lil angel :cool2:
    This is just so quick, and nice, 20 minutes..

Eat healthy and recover soon.. Happy Sleepless nights:2thumbsup:

2. chinnap

chinnap Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Everyone for all the wishes.. my little one doing good for now with feedings and sleep for every 2:30 - 3 hours waking up touchwood. My son not slept for more than 30 - 45 minutes between feedings and he is also colicky for the first 8 months, so hoping this little one continue her feed/sleep pattern good not like her brother. sometimes its getting tough both brother and sister want to be fed at the same time and some times she wakes up for her feed at my sons sleep time, still need to figure out good schedule which works for both of them and me, may be in a week or two hoping to get there.

My son loves her sister a lot, he wants to hold her and kiss her, but he is still small and don't know to be gentle, when he is kissing her he presses hard on her head so we are afraid to leave him alone with her for now.

How are all the other april LO's doing ? how are you all coping without sleep? are you fully awake for the night feedings ? for me sometimes I am not able to wake fully for her feeding after 12, by holding her I am sleeping in the rocking chair which scares me a lot later what if I drop her.

3. prasanthipv

prasanthipv Senior IL'ite

congrats divya and chinnap,
    what have u named them??

My updates,
    my kids are totally taking my time off, so not able to post any updates..
    i am enjoying my sleepless nights.. slightly adjusting to their timings.. sleeping when they sleep.. sometimes i am getting exhausted a lot..

my BM is sufficient for some days and not for some times..
    i am trying to increase the supply by eating garlic.. it works greatly..
    my bigger one looks like me.. and small one looks like her father..they are very active everyone says..

now they are sleeping so posting after so many days..
    how are u all doing ...??

4. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Hello Ladies,

Good to hear your updates. So most of the LO's troubling mama, getting active in the nights ah :)

My schedule:
    Our LO is 2 weeks 1 day. We're feeding him every 3 hrs once. Here is what we're doing:

My dad takes care of his 6 am feed and mom takes care of 9 am feed. Again, dad takes care of 12 pm feed. I take care of LO's 3pm / 6pm / 9pm / 12 am/ 3am feeds. Apart from feeding sessions, I pump every 4 hrs once and started saving my EBM (Expressed BM) in the freezer. I pump and sleep around 4 or 5 am in the morning and wake up around 10 am to pump then again sleep and wake up at 1 pm. Once I wake up, I drink cup of milk, take bath and will have lunch and start feeding cycles. I pump in between. Also, I have to give attention to my elder one else he gets sad. Story telling, play time with him. Also, hubby requested me to feed my elder one (dinner)..

I enjoy my night shifts. If I sleep it's hard for me to get up in the middle of night so I stay awake all the night. I'm almost living in Indian timings :)

week1 was piece of cake. LO drinks milk, sleeps.. Week 2 he became naughty :) someone has to hold him ( we try to avoid this).. Today after 9pm feed he didn't sleep till 1.30 am :( I had tough time managing 2 kids. Hubby went on a project so can't help us.

I try to fill my appraisals in night time, listen to songs, it is 'me' time for me :)

i think ink it takes 2 months to reduce 3 hrs feed. It would be really great if there is no 3 am feed.. After 12 feed, if LO sleeps till 6am it will be great .. Let's see when that phase comes..

Take care ladies..

2 people like this.
  5. AnithaPartha

Chinnap,

Yeah for me its kinda getting difficult to manage both kids. My elder is so affectionate on his younger brother. He tries to help me a lot but at times he becomes so naughty and he runs here and there waking up the LO. Also, LO is naughty these days asking us to hold him and walk from room to room :)

Yes, am awake all night and I sleep around 4 am daily. I've to pump before I sleep and after 6 hrs I have to pump again as my night wear, ins all get wet due to milk :( then again I sleep till 1 pm. How is milk production for you?

I started pumping and saving BM for my LO.

My LO takes just 75-80 ml (2.5 oz) and I have to store my remaining pumped milk in freezer. I started using milk storage bags for storing purpose.

6. harinideep

harinideep Gold IL'ite

Hi Divya , chinnap,
    congrats
    All is well with april club

I am not so busy as I am not getting much milk and baby also is very adamant in not sucking. Due to many problems , I am tensed and that is why milk flow might have stopped.

Please pray for me that all my problems get solved

7. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

Harini.

One suggestion if your stressed out then definitely milk will be less produced.

Pls pls solve your problems and stay relaxed. Consult ur ob if it's pp depression or lc for milk production issues

8. Divyavignesh

Divyavignesh Gold IL'ite

Hello all ladies,
    How are you doing? me and my little one Arjun is doing good so far .

My birth story.
    I was actually due on April 22 nd and Arjun arrived on April 16th( 39 W and 1 D ).
    April 15th was a usual day, i went to work and even told my colleagues that i may go overdue and i would complete all the deliverables :). That evening we all went shopping and came home and helped mom to cook dinner and slept around 10:30 pm. Then at around 2 am on april 16th started having slight contractions. Luckily i had my regular doc appointment on 16th so me and my hubby went and i had plans of going to office if it was usual pain. But doc checked and said i was already 4 cm.Got admitted and my hubby went home and came with laptop to watch cricket match in the L& D room. My mom and my hubby was there , i was so exhausted started pushing around 7 pm and after 3 hrs of strenuous pushing Arjun made a grand entrance . What a great experience. Initial 3 days he had tough time latching , now improving. But still it pains when he first latches , hope it improves going forward.

Chinnap, harini, Prashanti , ramya(t2bmom), Anitha , Shruti, Uma , Chitra, april1981,. Hope you are all doing good. What have you all named your kids?

I am having Mothers milk tea and Fenugreek and garlic.

3 people like this.
  9. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

Divya.

Congrats again. Send me Arjun's pic.
    You are great you worked till the day before delivery.

Yes es latching gets better and better.

Is he sleeping at nights? Click lot of pics and videos. You will cherish.

10. AnithaPartha

Hello Ladies,

Often, I'm getting plugged milk ducts problem. I'm really exhausted with my pumping sessions. Plugged milk ducts causes discomfort and hurts me. I have to keep on pumping to cure it and also I try warm shower and warm compress.

My freezer is already full and i 'm running out of milk bags also to store milk. I give my freshly pumped milk to my LO for 4 feedings and give the stored milk for the remaining feedings ..

Right now am not taking any special diet food for milk production as my breasts are already engorged..

Anyone sailing in the same boat ?