APRIL 2014 - MOM's TO-BE :)

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by AnithaPartha, Aug 14, 2013.

1. chinnap

chinnap Bronze IL'ite

Congrats Anitha, Great news.. So happy for you. Sairithik already helping you with suprathik ? God bless both of your boys. Take care dear.

2. harinideep

harinideep Gold IL'ite

Hi gals ,
    Anitha , congrats :) sai will be enjoying with his brother
    Gals , I am really enjoying my time with little one .... I dont feel like sleeping as I want to see the baby whole time ..
    I had severe pain for first 3 days after c sec .. after that I have recovered and not I am very much normal ..
    I was not getting milk for first 4 days.. then i took tablets and 5th day I got milk , but my breasts became toooooo heavy , hard , painful ... In hospital , lactation consultant taught me how to express milk using hands ....
    I tried doing it but very very tough to do.. by then my pain increases lot... By this time , baby got used to drinking formula using bottle and spoon ... now we are trying to make her drink mine ... but we are giving formula as she is crying too much as she wants quick flow..
    Will getting a electric pump help to extract milk so that i can avoid giving formula to baby.. plz let me know

3. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Yeah so true Deepali.. Suprathik s and my birthday falls on 10th .. My elder one s and dh falls on 28th :)

4. AnithaPartha

Thanks Janani..

Omg, expressing milk using hands ??!!!

Please buy single/double electric breast pump.. Check if your insurance will cover it up .. Double is expensive than single electric ones ..

5. purpledream

purpledream Silver IL'ite

Re: Happy to announce 'Suprathik's arrival :)

congratz anitha!!!

1 person likes this.
  6. AnithaPartha

Hi Ladies,

I'm feeling very happy and excited to announce the birth of my son. I delivered my 2nd baby BOY on 4/10/14 :)

Birth Story:
    On 4/10/14 starting from 5am I was having contractions but I didn't bother on that much as I was getting similar ones for the past 2 weeks. But, I kept getting it starting from 5am till 6am and my hubby started to time out the contractions and they were coming every 6 mins apart but water didn't break. Hubby asked me to get ready but I was still not sure if am going into true labor pain. At 7am, I got up brushed my teeth, and I saw mucous plug with little brownish blood discharge when I wiped through tissue and we started to hospital at 8am. I started getting contractions every 6-8 mins throughout my trip to hospital (40mins travel). When there were no contractions, I was happily chit chatting with my hubby as I was really not sure if I will go into labor that day laugh1smiley.

At 9am, I got admitted in the hospital and nurse asked couple of questions (it went on till 20mins) and she did internal examination and found out that I was 5-6 cm dilated, 100% effaced and baby at station -2 and me & my DH were surprised (I was just 2 cm dilated starting from week 38). Nurse immediately called our OB/GYN and she told us that we're staying in the hospital and she put me on IV's. Slowly, I started getting tensed and more nervous. Then at 11 am I was taken to L & D in a chair and 2-3 nurses started getting the room ready, baby crib, tools required for labor and I was more nervous by seeing all that. Nurse checked my cervix and she told us that I was 8 cm dilated but still my water didn't break. She told us that my dr will come and she'll break my waters if it didn't happen naturally. I was so scared after hearing that.

After a while, I felt a contraction and a kick from baby and I felt that a gush of water coming out (warm) and I informed my nurse that my waters broke. Great, that was also natural.

After water break, I asked nurse for epidural but I was managing everything very nicely and even nurse mentioned that I was able to manage till 8-9 cm dilation without any pain medication. The only reason I took epi was dr mentioned that it is going to be a big baby and I need to push really well. I was not confident if I would be able to do without an epi. But, later I realized that I took the right decision. Epidural procedure was little bit painful and they send my DH outside the L & D.

At 12pm, dr came and checked and told us that am 9.5 cm dilated and I can start to push. Here, you go: The most painful part of my labor was pushing. I started to push my baby at around 12pm and took a lot of extra efforts to push him. I took ice chips often as I got so tired. Along with dr, nurse there were 2 more nursing students came in to see the labor and delivery process. So, totally 4 ladies around me. Every time, I felt like pushing the nursing students helped me to lift my legs, nurse shouted push push and dr gave good directions. Since, my contractions started to delay, dr ordered for pitocin (minimal amount). After pitocin, contractions increased and I started pushing. At 2.06 pm my son made a grand entry.

Everyone were surprised to see the big baby as he was close to 9 lbs and I really had a hard time to push 8 lbs baby as last time I pushed just 4lbs baby (premature) within 30mins. So, this time I made it to full term and normal delivery (my induction was planned on 4/13 but I delivered on 4/10).

His birth wt: 8lbs 6.4 oz
    Length : 20 1/4 inch

We named our baby BOY as Suprathik (Lord Shiva).

Altogether, I totally had a different experience with my 2nd pregnancy & delivery and no wonder why people say every pregnancies and deliveries are different.

My 10 months of pain turned out to a sweet bundle of joy finally :2thumbsup:

10 people like this.
  7. Divyavignesh

Divyavignesh Gold IL'ite

Great Anitha, nice to hear :) How were the stitches? too much or just few. Wish you a speedy recovery!

8. AnithaPartha

Hi Divya,

Luckily not a big tear. It was a partial 2nd degree tear (dr feels it's very less tear for an 8 lb baby lol).. Thanking GOD for everything ..

I was totally exhausted for the last push ( I was even thinking of asking dr to do vacuum suction or tear vagina or c section if nothing happens)..

It makes me nervous even now when I think of it .. I was shivering till the end of delivery due to anesthesia :(

1 person likes this.
  9. AnithaPartha

Hi ladies,

Quick update:
    My son was under billi lights and the final blood test results were good so dr discharged my son and we're home finally :) Yah.. My mom invited us with aarathi and all .. Also, my zombie nights started.. Have to feed baby every 3hrs and I have to take care of 3/6 am feeds.. Will sleep after 6 am :(

2 people like this.
  10. Divyavignesh

Divyavignesh Gold IL'ite

Great Anitha, enjoy your time with Both the kutties. :)