April 2010 Mommies

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Gitunandakumar, Aug 7, 2009.

1. sandiya

sandiya Senior IL'ite

Ooo.. La la.. so many posts :thumbsup, i just peeped in to post my update and i was shocked to see this many posts in 1 day :spin

Nice let this keep going in this rocking speed....

Hi Eliz,
    As Kutty and Amul said, having pillows below ur tummy while sleeping will work, for me walking helped long back... and as said by you even i feel more comfortable sleeping on my right side than on my left.. though left side is good...

Hi Amul,
    Oh u do not have plans for baby shower.. i guess March is also fine... even i am planning to have it around march mid week when my MIL joins me...

Hi Kutty,
    7th month baby shower.. wov :cheers, do share how the celebration was later , has ur SIL have all the bangles and stuff already packed for you from India or do you get it buy there..

Hi Sreerangam,
    Enjoy ur Maternity leave and long vaccation, i guess after lot of stress thinking of leave itself would bring in peace...

Hi Mvp,
    Nice to see ur post after long time... Congrats on baby shower dear :cheers, r u with all the bangles gingling in ur hand now... is ur LO listening to it and kicking u more..?? so ur mom got her visa and all?

Hi Sona,
    mmmm long time u gave an update isnt'it... so fighting with GD is it... dont worry dear.. there are many who had to manage on this, so keep it cool.. and follow ur diet...

Hi Madhuri,
    Oh ur mom and mil both are coming together or is it that its not yet decided who will be joining u initially, have they got their visa's or is it still in process.... my MIL visa is yet to be done... and ur diet seems to be good... i think u can manage well with this diet and medications dear..

Hi Geeta,
    Ah!!! so had a lovely time in India and started for US. its natural to gain weight dear.. so i guess unless its too high ur doc here would have no problem... hope u have a nice flight journey.. do update more after reaching US.... And it was pleasant to see your post after a long time dear.... and what and all did u get from India? and BTW who is accompanying you here for delivery ur mom is it?

Hi Hasya,
    Seems like ur busy these days... with work and classes and so on... how is your yoga going.. when i saw so many posts i guessed i would see one from u as well... :)
    take care and do update on ur progress...

Hi Priya, Suhana, Folsom and Others,
    Hope you all are doing great and take care...

My updates:
    Went for usual visit today... everything is normal but she added iron tablet for me from now on and hereafter its 2 weeks once appointment and in my next appointment i have an NST.. she said its sort of way to know that baby movements as i was complaining to her that i feel only once in a while...

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  2. kutty0216

kutty0216 Senior IL'ite

Hi Sandiya

My inlaws have sent me saree and bangles. So no problem regarding the items needed. Oh, do we need to take iron tablets? Is NST done for all? Now my LO movements are regular. So, your MIL will be joining you. Good. My mom is still in the process of getting her passport. Should wait until April to see her :-(. Came here soon after marriage. Its been two years. Missing them alot.

3. immini

immini New IL'ite

Hi all
    I m new to this club but wud really like to be a part of this club...my due is on 14th april n i m visiting zulekha dubai ..dr pramila tarneja

hi eliz

sorry i got the friend request but since i m working i thot its just any regular requests which just keeps drooping in our mails

wud like to connect to u all as we share the same journey

unfortunately i have gestational diabetese n so wud really like to know if any of the april mommies have it too so that we can share stuff

hope to hear from u all soon

4. amul

amul Silver IL'ite

@immini
    warm and hearty welcome to the club.
    There are few of our frnds with GD.I think they can guide you more.

@eliz
    how are you doing with pain.even though u dont have pain, better apply heat pad thrice a day and once before going to bed.
    you need to see for a position where you r comfortable.
    I think its high time for DH to take care of his wife.For few weeks , we need to think of only our LO(just kidding).
    even i feel bad bcos he drops me at office go back to his daily activities and again come in the evening and pick me up.
    He travels neary 120km daily for me.But what to do...no other way.I think they are also taking care of LO along with us.

@mvp
    wow it's nice to hear that u had baby shower.I think u r very eagerly waiting for ur mom to arrive.

@cf
    Yes, dear once we think that we r nearing to have LO in our hands..all the pains, burns will be no where in our mind.
    I am not sure diet sply for GD.I only see to avoid sugary items and eat rice once in a day.Avoid juices which are having sugar
    content.insead of juices, try eating fruits. avoid fast foods.
    I think madhuri is following the diet and she may suggest you more.go thru following link..may u find it useful.
    Vegetarian Diet During Pregnancy
    nice that u r bit relieved with pain due to gallstones.
    i havent started any shopping.I will go for window shopping and after the baby is born then I will buy.

@sandiya
    I am taking iron tablet right from beginning of my preg as i have less hemoglobin, so nothing to worry..usually our body gets
    heat due to that tablet..see that u take food which makes ur body cool.
    2 weeks once appointment..that gives us a great relief and nice that ur check up went on well and evrything is normal.
    pls update us once u have ur NST.

@kutty
    very glad to hear that u have got all the things required for baby shower.I think april will be fine for ur mom to arrive as we
    need their help mostly after the birth.

@ hope all ladies are doing fine.

@myupdates
    I am happy to see many posts and evryone is progressing well inspite of minor problems.
    I can feel my LO kicking in regular intervals.he starts his kicking morning 9 and reaches to peak in afternoon.
    During nite he will not allow me to sleep on my leftside.he keeps on kicking me till I turn to rightside.
    we should start obeying them right from now(hahahahah)
    other that that evrything is fine with me.

5. amul

amul Silver IL'ite

immini, you can find the due dates of our frnds in this club

Mvp - April 2
    Madhuri - April 5
    Suhaana - April 7
    Sreerangam - April 13
    Eliz - April 13
    immini - April 14
    Geetha - April 15
    Cyberfunky - April 15
    Aks it ha - April 16
    Amul - April 18
    Sandiya - April 20
    priya - April 20
    Hasya - April 22
    Kutty - April 30

please do correct me if anyone is missing

6. immini

immini New IL'ite

hi Amul

I m planning to take 6 mnths break though we have only 45 days ML.

nowadays having shooting pain on my back to the rt....since i m working in Hr ...mostly its a sitting job

hey i just wanted who all have GD n what diet u follow....taking insulin??

7. madhurisatya

madhurisatya Silver IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

Few IL's are asking for GD diet.This is what i am following

7.00 am : milk
    in between 7:30-8:00am : Wheat rava upma(aproximately 15 mg carb) + 6 almonds or 4 walnuts(fat items)
    Have to experiment by eating other items as well.

After that till 2 hrs i will take only water , as i need to Glucose level after 2 hrs.

10:00 am : They suggested to take any 2 servings of carbohydrates, but i am taking 1 or 2 fruits

12:00 pm: lunch .They said to include 4carb choices+ 1-2 servings of vegetables+2-3 oz meat/protein+ 2 servings of fat items

Ex diet: 1 cup rice+ 1/2 cup dal+ 1/2cup boiled veggies+any meat item if you are veggie or egg+ any fat item

I din't take this format, i need to do permutation and combinations to keep GD under control after lunch.Only way i could think of is eat more veggies and less rice.Have to check that.

P.M snack : 2 servings of carbohydrate choices

Evening snack : 2 servings of carbohydrate choices

Around 8:00pm : dinner- same as lunch, but i am taking 3 pulkas and a fruit or veggie...( have to add more from now on)

After 10:00- any fruit or milk.

We have to plan our diet in such a way that , divide intake carbohydrates and other fat items throught out the day with constant intervals.

Eat 3 meals, 3 snacks each day.Drink 8-10 glasses of water.Have early dinner.And also have to do some exercise at least for 30 min.

Try all combination of food which works for you.

Check the below thread.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/im-pregnant/27898-gestational-diabetes-in-pregnancy.html

8. amul

amul Silver IL'ite

hi madhuri
    ur diet looks very awesome.
    very small suggestion is, why dont you try to finish your dinner i.e last intake of milk by around 8.30 or 9.pm
    I think this will help you alot.
    take care

9. kutty0216

kutty0216 Senior IL'ite

Hi Immini

Hearty congratulations and welcome to the club. Madhuri has given detailed explanation about GD diet. It may be useful to you.

Hi Madhuri

Your diet is so balanced. Following a diet regularly is a tough thing. Take care.

Hi Amul

My mom is working, so she can stay here only for 1 or 1.5 month. Thats it. So she is coming just few days before. I should only manage most of the things before and after. Preparing myself for that. These days, even my LO kicks me if I sleep on left side. I read somewhere that if LO kicks you when you sleep on your left side, it means that the blood circulation to your LO is very good. So enjoy your LO kicks.

10. sandiya

sandiya Senior IL'ite

Hi Kutty,

Iron tablets they suggest in case if they have not suggested earlier and if they feel we have possibility of being anemic in later stages. So i think it is not prescribed for everyone as such not sure though dear.

NST test i dont think its a routine dear, Its a fetal stress test which recognizes the movements and heart rate accordingly, when i said my doc i dont feel my movements continuously and its only sometimes a day either in the morning or night, she said we can do this test and find out if everything is normal. This test will find out problems with placenta, supply of oxygen,air and blood flow to the LO and she said me they will also be able to tell me the sleep patterns of the LO.

mmmm ya i understand u must be so excited to see them after such a long time na... its good though that ur meeting ur mom in a happy ocassion. Nice that they have planned earlier and sent you all the bangles and necessary things well in advance. My MIL has not yet got the Visa yet, we have just booked her appointment interview so that process is still in progress. Now they have changed the US embassy visa site and new form DS160 etc..s o it took some time for us to get things done.

And are you going for any yoga as such or only walking, when i surf through sites they show some excersises to move the baby in breech position, so i am planning to start those excersises if its not turning around 34 weeks.