April 2010 Mommies

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Gitunandakumar, Aug 7, 2009.

1. eliz

eliz New IL'ite

<o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="City" downloadurl="http://www.5iamas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="place" downloadurl="http://www.5iantlavalamp.com/"></o:smarttagtype><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->
    Hello all the ladies out there,:)
    Have anyone started taking saffron with milk?? If yes, let me know the quantity to be put in milk…:hiya

@ gitunandakumar

How much u have put on dear?? For me also, my doc says I am on the higher side.. like I was 53 before my pregnancy and now at 29 weeks I weigh 64..:rant huh… 11 kg,.. pretty high I think… and I get much more kicks these days… around my belly button…

@Sreerangam

Thanks for <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:city w:st="on">ur</st1:city></st1:place> suggestion dear… :thumbsupI am a back sleeper actually…never used to get side sleeps before… so now I am really having a tough time in making myself sleep on the sides.. and though left side is the suggested side, my body gets comfortable on my right.. and may be that’s y the pain..
    And let me ask u one more thing… u said about keeping the pillow under <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">ur</st1:place></st1:city> tummy.. my doubt is how does it stay on the spot like that?? Like wen we move around, we will tumble with it na? Anyway, I do have a cute small cushion, I will try with that today… :cheers
    I am already keeping one cushion in between my thighs which makes me comfortable.

@Amul

Hey amul..its true the doc is gonna say ‘its normal in pregnancy’..:rotfl he he.. the heating pad is definitely good.. but the problem is this I usually get this pain around midnite when I sleep.. so my poor DH has to get up and heat the pad for me..he he.. I feel bad for him.. :bonk
    Anyway I will try some home remedies for it.. and one more thing…like u I am also fed up of eating apples.. oh my god..how I used to love that fruit, and after having it regularly since one year, I am having an aversion for it.,.

@myupdates

I am awaiting my next appointment on Thursday..

cheers,
    eliz

2. amul

amul Silver IL'ite

hi sree
    is that from tomorrow u will be in vaccation?
    I am taking holiday from thursday to 5th feb.I heard that weather is going to become worse...so decided to work from home.
    when will you start shopping and where?
    As this is public forum dont want reveal my name dear..sry :-(
    take care and hope thursday comes very soon and u will take rest.

3. kutty0216

kutty0216 Senior IL'ite

Wow...So many posts.

Hi Geetha

Nice to see your post after long time. I have already increased 28 pounds upto now and Doctor has already put me on the higher side. I am just doing walking and taking limited quantity of rice. Did you had your GD test? Take all the necessary precautions during the journey. Is anyone accompanying you? Take care. Have a safe and happy journey. Do update us once you are back.

Hi Sree

Oh so you will be on vacation from tomorrow:cool:. Since you will be on vacation, I think as said by amul, you can rest for sometime if you feel dizzy. Take care.

Hi Amul

Even I am tired of eating apples. I stopped them for somedays now, as I got so much aversion. Again back to eating them :-(. Do take care of your food intake.

Hi eliz

I used to get hip pain during the first trimester. But now by God's grace no pains. Try to sleep in the position which makes you feel comfortable. I started using saffron from my 5th month. I am just taking one or two strings in milk.

Hi Sandiya

All the best for you checkup.

Hi to all other mommies. Take care.

myupdates

Nothing much from my side. Have my regular checkup next tuesday. BTW, did any one had Babyshower or when are you planning for that?

4. amul

amul Silver IL'ite

Hi kutty
    I think after having baby..i will not touch apples and oranges.
    I am not planning for any baby shower...I need to see wether it will be possible by end of march as my sis will be coming.
    I think by end of march we will be almost at end of our pregancy..so i can say mostly no from my side.
    what abt u dear?

5. kutty0216

kutty0216 Senior IL'ite

I am planning to have it on Feb 21st. My Sister-in-law is here. So she will be doing in our traditional method of doing seemantham. Will be missing my parents and in-laws :-(. Though its the tradition in my DH's family to do it in 7th month, first we thought of doing it in 9th month as my mom will be here. But now my mom will be coming in April 2nd week, which is like near to the due date, so we decided to do it in 7th month itself.

6. madhurisatya

madhurisatya Silver IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

How are you...

i gained 10 1/2 kgs till now.My doctor said it is ok...As from now on i will be on GD diet i guess, i won't be gaining much weight.

@amul,

I started taking rice one time and chapati as dinner.Nutritionist suggested to break carbohydrates throughout the day and have it.They gave glucose monitor to check for glucose levels.Daily i need to check 4 times.And also asked me to have early dinner.Patika bellam is a nice idea.

I thought it is same as sugar.And also asked to take 3 meals , 4 snacks in regular intervals.

@Geeta,

Good to see your post after long time.Have a safe journey.

@kutty,

I have a plan for baby shower if my mom or mil comes before march 2nd week.But not sure how things work out.

7. amul

amul Silver IL'ite

@kutty
    nice to hear abt ur baby shower.I wish you will have it in a great way.
    yes, for sure we will be missing our near ones mainly parents..that is also main reason for me not celebrating.

@madhuri
    wow 10.5 kg...nice.
    I have increased only 3kg nearly.Yes I heard from one of my frnds regarding the monitor of glucose levels during pregnancy.
    that irritated my frnd alot.please take care dear.
    sugar and patika bellam are not same in sugar levels and PB is good for health.
    I wish you will also have BS in a great way.

8. mvp

mvp New IL'ite

Hello Ladies,
    I had a baby shower on last sunday. We had a lot of fun on that day. I am having hard time to keep sugar level under control. My nutritionist has suggested me to go on insulin from next week on.Next month end my mother is coming from India yeh........:rotfl

Thank you.

9. cyberfunky

cyberfunky New IL'ite

Hello all,

Sorry for not being a part...its just that things have been going crazy here and could not get to post as often as I would love to...I am really glad to know that even though there are some glitches, pain and troubles we are all moving closer to our due date and this thought is helping us to endure all these problems..

@Kutty - Nice to hear abt your baby shower...I will have the traditional one once my mom is here in March....Enjoy it as it will be your day completely..

@Amul - I am not able to eat apples already...I think I have reached its cut off...

As for me , My gallstone seems to be less active these days and not having much pain there...But here comes the main thing , just last week I cam e to know taht I have GD...All my values are on the higher side...I need to meet the nutritionist...I still dont know my exact values..will know on feb 2nd ..

Please can you guys let me know what diet you are folloing for GD..A sample diet would be greatly appreciated...I am a vegetarian and dont even eat eggs..and I am so sure that the nutritionist is going to have a tough time with me ..

Have you started shopping...I have compiled a list of things that needs to bought..A few tips from the former indusladies mother and few from magazine will attach the document later for all of you also.

10. kutty0216

kutty0216 Senior IL'ite

Hi MVP

Good to know that you enjoyed your baby shower function. Was it done in traditional way or American style? Take care of you diet.

Hi Madhuri

I will get to know my weight gain next week. Until my last doctor's visit, I gained 12.7kgs. Don't know how much I will gain by the end of my delivery.

Hi CF

I actually don't know the diet to be followed for GD. But reduce the intake of rice and starch foods. As of now, I am not planning to buy anything before the baby is born. Take care.