April 2009 mommies - Welcome!

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by AnithaA, Aug 20, 2008.

1. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

MeenLoch, you are most welcome. But I was told not to take fenugreek till the baby is out. They say the best way to take it is soak the fenugreek seeds in water overnight and take it in the morning. That is how one of my cousins took it. And thank you for the link - I am sure it will be helpful to many moms.

By the way, I found this website - http://babynames.looktamil.com/ It sure has a lot of names. Though the website says tamil names, I found a lot of Sanskrit based names too. Caught hold of Dr. Spock's Baby and Child Care book. Yet to read it though - has anybody here read it?

Regards,
    Anitha

2. manshreya

manshreya Senior IL'ite

Hey all April 2009 mommies,

how r u doing?
    great work Anitha u made a list with EDDs, all these days i used to go back and see who is due when....
    i know the days are flying by.....and the curiosity for childbirth is building up..
    recently i got the book "what to expect when you are expecting" nice book covers every aspect of pregnancy.

keep writing...

njoy

take care

3. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Manshreya- it s a nice book anytime. Also it s a series " What to expect in the first year" is the next one.

AnithA - In the link you gave, the names are very nice. The popularity is another interesting feature. How do we get meaning of the names. We can probably google or ask here in this thread. Once again, a great link :)..

All members in this April 2009 mommies list can post it when their baby is born and also the name that they chose.

My baby kicks hard these days. She is growing I suppose. One day she did not kick, I got worried and had my fetal rate monitored for an hour and she was okay. it s better to be safe than sorry.One needs to watch the kicks regularly.

Did anybody get a 3D or 4D ultrasound done ? IT seems you can actually look at your baby. Also it comes with CDs and photos which you can keep for future.

My doc is pregnant, my professor's wife is pregnant too :) Looks like everyone arnd me is pregnant :)

4. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Manshreya, yes "What to expect...." is a good series. As MeenLoch has said, "What to expect in the First year" is next.

MeenLoch, true the link I gave doesn't give meanings for the names. If I like some name from the list, I google it out for the meaning. And yes I hope all mommies post their baby's birthday and their names after the delivery. I guess a coupe of mommies here had scheduled for a 4d scan. Can those mommies please let us know how it all went?

I always feel the baby in the afternoons and at night. The little one seems to be very active late in the night. I got all ticklish last night. I don't know which part of the body was moving but it was shocking enough for my husband to wonder if everything was normal (you see my tummy was actually changing shape). :) I guess I will miss all the kicks and jabs once the baby is out. So I'll enjoy them while I can.

A lot of April mommies seem to be MIA - whats up ladies? Hope things are fine with everybody.

Regards,
    Anitha

5. SANARUN

SANARUN Silver IL'ite

Hi Anitha,

Could you please provide me with the cost of "What to expect in the first year" in Chennai, it costs around 1000 INR here. One of my hubby's friends is planning to visit chennai sometime next week, so if you please let me know about it..... i can request him to buy a copy for me from there. I have already got a copy of "What to expect when you are expecting".

BTW, i m closely following your thread and thanks a lot for the name list.

Take care.

Luv,
    sangi:thumbsup

6. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Sangi,

Hope your pregnancy is progressing well. As for the cost of "What to expect in the first year" here is the link from landmark - landmarkonthenet.com - India's largest store for Books, Movies and Music They say it costs 1350 INR. Personally, I got mine second hand for a 100 rupees. I have this book seller here who gets me a lot of books second hand - otherwise our combined fortunes won't be enough for the books we read and buy. :-D The second hand baby books are ok with me as I do not plan to follow anything strictly. Taking the experience of mom's in the infants' forum into account, I have decided to take things as they come along. :) Hope you have a wonderful time all through your pregnancy. Take care.

Regards,
    Anitha

7. SANARUN

SANARUN Silver IL'ite

Hi anitha,

OMG, this is really a quick response at the lightening speed. Thank you so much for that, anyhow let me browse through that once and if i feel it s worth spending then i shall invest my money. If i go to chennai personally, i think it is better to hunt for it in pondy bazaar or triplicane myself to get this at a reasonable price. Yet to decide about my trip to chennai.

BTW, my pregnancy is progressing well and as you said i find it easy to follow our already experienced moms in parenting and kids forum. You are providing quite a lots of tips and keep up the good work.

All the best for a smooth and safe delivery anitha, btw...... which gynaec. do you consult there?

All the best.

Cheers,

8. SANARUN

SANARUN Silver IL'ite

Hi anitha,

Sorry to keep disturbing you dear, any idea about the cost of maternity clothes in chennai and could you please suggest few shops for the same. My tummy is outgrowing all the salwars which i bought recently. Please guide me.

Thank you in advance.

Luv,

9. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Sangi,

You are most welcome and the pleasure is mine. :) And you do not disturb me, so don't worry on that account. I consult Dr. Vasundra Thiagarajan and Dr. Geetha at BM Hospital, Nanganallur. Regarding maternity clothes, I guess some are available in Naidu Hall. But then this is what I've been doing. I got a couple of harem pants in banian material when I went to mumbai (I guess you can get this elsewhere too). This is really nice as the elastic is not restrictive and doesn't form marks on your tummy. To go with them, I got some extra large shirts from a sale - it will help during breastfeeding too. I also got some nighties in the Kaftan model - http://images.exoticindiaart.com/sa..._kaftan_with_kashmiri_ari_embroidery_ky54.jpg It normally has a string running through the waist, so we can adjust it to the size of the belly or tighten it post delivery. Regarding salwars, I got readymades 2 sizes larger than my size sometime back from pondy bazaar. They were a bit loose when I started wearing them, but now they seem to be ok. And I got some salwars stitched in the anarkali style for when I go out - this sure takes care of the bulge. :) I also got some Punjabi salwars (http://shopping.muteyaar.org/images/IMGA0100_resize.jpg) and some loose tops to go with it. I can always have the salwars altered to size post-delivery. This seems to be enough for my wardrobe as of now. :) Will have to see how much longer all this will last. My co-sister who recently had a girl used to wear comfortable track pants, long skirts and some loose t-shirts when she was pregnant. Hope something from here is useful to you. Of course, all this is enough for me as I do not work. If you work, you might need more options (I do not know). Take care Sangi. Maybe other mommies here might have more tips for you on maternity clothes.

Regards,
    Anitha

10. SANARUN

SANARUN Silver IL'ite

Hi Anitha,

Thank you so much for your prompt response. I tried a western style maternity wear, but........no........i look so bloated in that. Harem pant seems to be a good idea, ummmmm......, lemme try that too. I too have couple of anarkali's with me and it is most comfortable, good in hiding the bulging belly. Thanks for your suggestions.

Take care,

Luv,