April 2009 mommies - Welcome!

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by AnithaA, Aug 20, 2008.

1. drli

drli New IL'ite

Happy new year everyone.:cheers
    Hope alls well with all of you.
    I am doing good.

2. subashinib

subashinib Senior IL'ite

Hi Friends .,

Wishing you and your family a very happy, healthy and prosperous year ahead!
    Have a great 2009 filled with love, laughter, harmony and peace!

With lots of lov., suba

3. sharma_shilpa

sharma_shilpa New IL'ite

HI All the Mommies,
    Wishing All of You a Very Happy and Prosperous New Year. Wish everyone will have a health baby :thumbsup.

Anitha, good to know that you've already prepared the list for baby, I still didn't start it waiting for my MIL to come here and then she'll guide me to do everything, we're so excited for my MIL's arrival that we've postponed all our shopping, we're not even purchasing very small things for house, now keeping everything pending so that when she comes here we'll have lots of things to do.

Doctor asked me to go for 4D ultrasound we'll get it done by the end of this month and we are very excited to know our baby looks like my DH or like me :).

4. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Ladies in US. Please participate in this thread if your parents/in-laws are visiting for your pregnancy.
    Hope everyone is doing fine.
    The kicks have become stronger. I sleep much less and undoubtedly my clothes are all tight now :).. My diabetes test results aren't out yet.
    How are you all feeling ?

Manshreya - Congrats on baby girl.
    AnithA - Coco butter works great for belly itchiness.

Ladies - Have you started hunting for baby stuff. I am in the process now. Guess the baby will need lots of change clothes above everything else. So asking my mom to get some.
    Baby R Us has a registry which you can access online. They have checklist of items you may need to buy. Not everything is essential But you all can have a look :).

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  5. KrutikaRao

KrutikaRao Senior IL'ite

I have short-listed the baby items from IL forums, but I'll shop only in March as the spring-summer clothes will be available only then.
    And as babies grow up fast, my friends(recently became moms) have advised me not to buy too much stuff and also people get baby stuff when they come to see the baby.

6. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Any ideas on names ? Where are you all looking for baby names.

7. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,

So how is everyone doing? Shilpa, nice to know you will have a 4d ultrasound. Let us know how it felt. :) MeenLoch, thanks for the coco butter tip but now that I am back in Chennai, the itchiness seems to have disappeared - atleast for now. So keeping my fingers crossed. Yes Krtika, it is better to get stuff slowly, as the baby grows - that has been drilled into my head by my mom. :-D

So yes, am back in Chennai. Have been busy cleaning up the house. :spin It really has been tiring! Am unable to sit or stand for long durations nowadays. I wonder how all you working ladies manage - hats off to you! Otherwise having fun and relaxing by reading stuff and watching movies. MeenLoch, the name selection part has been bugging us for quite sometime now. I searched the net but though we get a lot of names for girls, we don't seem to like most of the names suggested for boys. :crazy We are now planning to get the Hindu book of names by Maneka Gandhi. I remember seeing it in my uncle's place some time back and it sure has a lot of names listed there. So hopefully our name search will end with the book. Lets see what the others are planning. It has been some time since the other mommies have posted. Where are you all?

Regards,
    Anitha

8. subashinib

subashinib Senior IL'ite

Hi Frds ......... hope all are doing well.

Shilpa., im sure that you will be excited for the 4d scan.Enjoy it.
    Im having mine on this friday ., i.e., on 16th jan.We are eagerly waiting for it :)

MeenLoch., so far we are searching baby names in the net ., i totally agree with Anitha ., lot of names for baby girls , less for the boys.
    Buying a book is a good option.Good luck to you ., i sure that you will find a cute name for ur baby soon.

Anitha ., Welcome back to Chennai.Hope you had a lovely time @ ur parents place.Good know that ur itchiness flew away.Keep well.Im sick and tired of cooking n doing household stuff .,especially during the chrsitmas hoildays for my husband :) oh thank god ., im much relieved now.,thats y i couldnt log in for the past few weeks :hide:.Hope all going well for you.And we are going to have a Baby Boy.,doc confimed it during our last visit :)

Take care All.Cheersss.......

9. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Suba,

Congratulations on having a boy! You folks are lucky that you get to know the gender. I have to wait till the first week of April, I guess. Take care.

Regards,
    Anitha

10. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

A quick thanks for the suggestion to look for names.

I am curious about something. Those of you who know for sure, it's a baby boy, are you showing like a football ?
    The doc thinks mine is a girl and my fat around the belly is spread around in a semicircle.
    Was wondering if it was an old wife tale or something true.

For those in chennai and other metros, Mothercare ( UK based retailer), Lifestyle and Naihaa Blow pink are good stores to shop for baby stuff.
    For mothers who have traveled from US and elsewhere, if you compare dollar value, the items are actually cheap, although by Indian standards, they are pricey.

One of the items I liked was a cover to hold baby. Lifestyle has such pretty stuff. Mittens are cute too.

Ikea carries stands for drying baby clothes. Just some information I gathered in last few days.