April 2009 mommies - Welcome!

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by AnithaA, Aug 20, 2008.

1. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

I'm Anitha and this is my first baby. I am 7 weeks pregnant now - will be completing 8 weeks this week. My EDD is 5th of April 2009. I have had a relatively smooth sailing till now - I guess the baby is being good to me. :) I have mild problems of constipation and breast tenderness but it is very manageable. Touchwood! Am due to visit the doctor to hear the baby's heartbeat today. I am very excited! Other April 2009 moms, do join. It will be nice to know about your journey through pregnancy and will be a source of support to first time mommies like me. Welcome!

Regards,
    Anitha

2. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Hello Anitha. I join your club too. I am starting school this semester too.
    My due date is 7 th April...EDD actually.

I have vomiting sensations in mornings. I don't vomit, but feel like it till afternoon.

I eat lot of fruits and juices. Bumping up my nutrition levels as of now. I still have not got my first ultrasound done. Should be going there soon.

Did you check out chinese astrology ?

3. rekhat

rekhat New IL'ite

Hi Anitha and Meenloch

i am too in the same club :cheers
    My edd is april 15 little ahead of you guys.
    i am completing my 7th week tomm.
    i have severe vomitting and accompanied by nausea and tiredness.
    i am unable to enter the kitchen for the past 15 days,my DH is cooking for both of us.i try to do things but i am just throwing up all the meals i have.
    managing on rusk,water,buttermilk little rice..just cant take fruits.:-(
    my visit to the doc is due on the 9th week.anitha i must say you lucky to have no vomitting becoz it really makes one tired.
    keep sharing your experiences and visits to doc.
    welcome to motherhood.:welcome...i guess i must admit evn all this vommitting the feeling that you are a mom make you on the top of this world.:rotfl:queen

rekhat

4. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Meenloch and RekhaT,

Welcome! i was wondering if I was the only person in the April club! Glad to know you two are there. No, MeenLoch, I have not yet checked the Chinese Calender. I did right now - you kindled my curiosity. I am 24 and a half, so if I determine my age to be 24, the calendar says it is a boy, but if I look at 25, the calendar says it is a girl! So I just have to wait till April, I guess. What about you?

Rekha, yes I guess I am lucky in not having any vomiting! It is so nice of your husband to do the cooking. Hope you get over all this nausea soon. Take care.

My appetite seems to have increased in the past 4-5 days. All I seem to do is eat. bonk My doctor performed a scan to ensure that it was not an ectopic pregnancy. It all seems very hazy! I am due for my 10th week checkup next week. Do keep in touch, Rekha and MeenLoch.

Regards,
    Anitha

5. subashinib

subashinib Senior IL'ite

Hi Frds,

Pls count me on :) At last, im pregnant-8 weeks completed and in my 9th week now.My expected delivery date is April 10th.This is my first baby :)
    Im so much happy to be a part of ur club.We are so excited.And i cant express my feelings in just words.

I dont have morning sickness till now :)
    And my next check up will be on Sep 30th.My doctor is going to test lot of things at that time.Hope everything will be fine for me & for my baby.

Lets :welcome the new one with bundles of joy.

Cheers , suba

6. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Suba,

Welcome and Congratulations! It is a wonderful feeling, isn't it? Any food cravings yet? Do take care. Let us all keep in touch!

Regards,
    Anitha

7. subashinib

subashinib Senior IL'ite

Hi Anitha ,

Really , its amazing.I cant believe that im pregnant :)
    Dont have food cravings as of now. But suddenly i hate some foods or some food smells.

I have low blood count & low iron as well.So have to improve my eating habits.Always my eye lids are heavy.And im having leg pain then and there.Im taking folic acid tablets & vitamin tablet (as recommended by my doctor ) now.

Keep in touch.Enjoy ur pregnancy.

Cheers , suba

8. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Subhasini and rekha,
    Welcome to the club and congrats on pregnancy.

Anitha,
    It says boy for me too. Don't know how true it is..We ll get to know by 5 th month in US...Very curious to know that.. Guess what ! We are both of same age..:)

Thee baby will be arien I thin,which means energetic, ambitious and hard to control baby ;-).. especially if it s a boy !!

9. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Meenloch, nice to know that we are of the same age. My husband wants a girl. Some of my family members think it might be a boy as my co-sister gave birth to a girl this August. Anyway, we will not know the sex of the baby in India till he/she comes out. :) So we are waiting.

I went for my third month appointment yesterday - the doc said everything is normal. I want to go visit my parents (they stay in a different city) but the doc has forbidden any travel till the end of this month! She says the placenta has to develop well before she can clear traveling for me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I also had a scan - the baby was being so cooperative! I was able to see the heart beat, tiny hands and legs - and the baby was moving! It felt so good! Meenloch, Suba and Rekha, whats happening with you all? Keep in touch!

Regards,
    Anitha

10. Omsree

Omsree New IL'ite

anita/meenloch,

Where could we check the chinese astrology/calendar? Any links?