Appraisal season is back.

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by Godschild, May 4, 2010.

1. Godschild

Godschild Silver IL'ite

Dear Radha,

Thanks for writing in.

Yeah such reasons/excuses are always given.

As you are an appraiser as well it would be good if you could share your insights on the process. You can give your opinion on whether its fair and just.

Thanks!!

2. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

GodsChild,
    Our appraisal process was over and hikes were announced. Here would like to stress on my experiences as an appraiser rather than Appraisee.
    As an appraisee, I feel I got what I deserved. It was not a biased decision, but hikes definitely not in our hands.HIkes complete depends on operational performance of the company YOY . So, nothing can be done, corporate's decision is final and they definitely give deaf ear to our concerns regarding hikes.
    But this year, I was an appraiser for 10 persons, and forced to give bad ratings to the people who are supposed to get the best. There are several political issues involved,I being first time appraiser in the curreent project, due to lack of transperancy over the process, yes, I feel I have done injustice to them but I myself haven't done any wrong them. Though I communicated the appropriate bands for their strengths and skills, but still they recieve bitter ratings due to curve fitting and rationalizlation. Now, I am on their side to fight for change in rating which eventually effected their hikes. Hope we all together going to succeed. Now, they call me as people's manager rather than a political manager.

3. Godschild

Godschild Silver IL'ite

Thanks giving such an honest reply Priya_Mommy. :bowdown

And am glad that your with your subordinates in ensuring that they get what they deserve. :thumbsup

4. Priakarthi

Priakarthi New IL'ite

Kudos to Godschild for starting right topic at the right season.
    My appraisal process is still On.
    As Priya_mommy said they always go by curve fitting.Irrespective of the individual's performance they always go by their hard coded decisions and unfortunately supervisor's cannot do anything on this and have to just abide by the rules.
    I am waiting for my appraisal rating.I am keeping my finger's crossed.:confused2:

5. Godschild

Godschild Silver IL'ite

Thanks Pria.

And wish you good luck.

6. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

Exactly:thumbsup

7. Godschild

Godschild Silver IL'ite

Thank you :)

8. kavya007

kavya007 Gold IL'ite

:hide::hide: Oh no appraisal time again. I am really scared of that discussion.

Lets see how it goes.

Kavya.

9. Sobhi

Sobhi Senior IL'ite

Hello Ladies

My thoughts on this topic.
    Iam with my current company for past 7 years and was always in the creamy layer with very good ratings.

Last year I changed my group and the new group had too many favourites to the manager. But I still thought though if not very good at least i will be meeting their expectations.

Since I had joined back after my pregnancy and had a small baby at home, i used to take WFH and leave early frm office ( at around 6.30 everyday). Completed all tasks assigned to me with great quality, but at the end the rating was bad and hike was pathetic.

Iam still unable to digest this. shocked, frustrated, decieved..........They found me an easy scapegoat giving the reason of being a new mother to
    fit in the bottom of bell curve.

Iam trying outside and not successfull due to not many good openings.
    Overall very dissatisfied.

shobha