Applying to A-Z jobs, on EAD

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by 27csweetangel, May 25, 2012.

1. 27csweetangel

27csweetangel Silver IL'ite

hi,
    all i recently got EAD,and looking for job in IT.i was working as developer in india but after consulting many people here decided to move to QA..i have even passed ISTQB certification..but the thing is no body picks up my original resume, and getting moslty sales, insurance company calls, placement consultant calling for training programs..when i apply for IT recruiter jobs,,they say they don' t neeed IT background people..There are very rare fresher QA,java jobs..I am applying to so many simple jobs also
    but every field needs atleast one year relevant experience.pls guide what do i do?Sitting at home even after EAD with no kids yet is so frustarting,iam sure many are going through this.

2. shireesha06

shireesha06 Silver IL'ite

Hi sweetangel,

I also faced same probs finally got job in .net, try to contact recruiters like Tek Systems, Modis etc if apply by our own we may not find a job.

I got through TEk Systems only.

siri.

3. getstrngth

getstrngth Gold IL'ite

Don't worry you will get a job soon!!! Don't loose hope. Try to get in touch with the recruiters. You may have to pay a portion of your salary but its only temporary if you work hard the company will hire u permanently.

4. archana2008

archana2008 Gold IL'ite

SweetAngel, Congrats on your EAD. When you already have experience as developer any specific reason to move to QA? Get your resume reviewed, this is like your representation, most important. Upload your resume online. First project be flexible to move to any location for 3-6 months. Just keep working on your subject, keep preparing hard for interviews. keep talking to n number of recruiters, companies. Good Luck. have confidence in your self. be good at subject and you can acheive any job you want, its just matter of time and luck. Have faith and patience, it will help in long term :)

1 person likes this.