1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Apartments close to Washington DC

Discussion in 'Indians in Washington DC' started by akshu02, Apr 4, 2013.

1. akshu02

akshu02 Senior IL'ite

Hello Ladies - I am looking for apartments in Virginia area. I will have to commute to DC for my job. I will be moving with my husband and daughter(3 years) and looking for a safe good apartment. Found a couple of apartments like the following :

Amberleigh
    Tyson's Glen - Just has 1BA. I need atleast 1.5BA
    Ridgeleigh
    Avalon at cameron court
    Bren Mar

Not sure which one to decide. I will be moving from NJ and cannot look at the apartments until i move. It will be really helpful if any of you can give me feedback on an apartment that you have stayed before/still staying. I am looking in Alexandria/Falls Church/Arlington area. If anyone staying in any of the above apartments could provide their suggestions/opinions, that will help as well

Thanks in advance

2. feelsgood

feelsgood New IL'ite

Hello Akshu,

We recently moved to Amberleigh, we did like this place so far. Its pretty decent community, has good amount of Indian population too and accessible to Indian groceries/Hmart/Target within 1.5 miles and if you are plannin to commute to DC,you can take a metro from Dunnloring metro station which is around 1.5-2 miles away from the aptmt. That's how i commute to work... Good luck with your search!

3. hgulla

hgulla Silver IL'ite

In Alexandria I can suggest Stoneridge and Hillwood at Mark Center, they have a free shuttle to Pentagon City metro station and not too expensive. There are several in the Mark Center, Landmark mall area. They are all serviced by express bus to Pentagon metro, such as 7W, 7X, 8W, 8X, 8Z, 21D and 21A. The best way to find is through a free book that is in the road side called Apartment Showcase, or searching online or just driving by in the area. Driving is the best in my opinion. I have lived in London Park towers and Stoneridge, decent communities. There are other Mark Center apartments such as Willow Run, Brookdale etc. Your mileage may vary. Some of them don't have gas, just have electric range etc.

Arlington has some great apartments in Rosslyn and Columbia Pike area. I don't know the name, but the address is 2121 Columbia Pike, Arlington. They had pretty decent rents and very close to Pentagon metro. There are several options in the area, the best way is to drive around, call and ask about vacancies.

Although it may be a little difficult with your 3 year old, try and stay in a hotel and find an apartment that you really like.

4. SwathiKiranN

SwathiKiranN New IL'ite

Hi,
    How is the presence of Indian community in these apartments - Stoneridge and others?
    Are they any good schools in this area?

Regards
    Swathi

5. meenu263

meenu263 New IL'ite

Happy New Year Ladies:)

And with the new year we are moving to a new location. Mostly excited with the move:)
    Need some advice on a good apartment to stay in Virginia. We are moving there this month end. Husband' work will be in DC area and VA. Me stay at home with a toddler.

So any and all suggestions would give me a good lead to start my research.

Thank you.
    Wish you a wonderful year ahead:)

Meenu

6. krsnakeerthi

krsnakeerthi New IL'ite

We recently moved to VA- Tyson's corner area. The area seems to be expensive but lot of companies close by so can cut down the commute time. We were able to get a good deal for the area- under $1700 for a two bed 2 bath apartment that is close to two metro stations and 10 rated elementary school.

This area is also a good option to look at. I have seen a few Indian faces in my apmnt... its just been a week for us.