1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Anything new is always welcome

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Apr 18, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Anything new is always welcome by everyone. First time wearing a new dress especially children like it so much. Now a days with the dress they want everything matching with that. They themselves select the dress they want to wear.

During our school days we used to be very happy on the re opening of the school because we have a new school dress, new bag, new books all covered so nicely. Now a days you get new type of School bags, so many varieties of lunch boxes, pencil boxes, so children will be ready to go to school with everything new.

Olden days whatever parents used to buy the children used to be happy with that. But right from chidlren they select everything themselves. For marriage only buying saree is not enough, withthat have to buy matching petticoat, matching bangles etc.

2. yams

yams Platinum IL'ite

yes viji ma of course new things make us happy and feel good that we are something special than others!!!!:thumbsup

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Yamini

Thank you so much for your first immediate feedback.

love
    viji

4. yams

yams Platinum IL'ite

we re always here waiting to view and give feedbacks for your wonderful posts ma!!!!!

keep posting!! love you!!!
    :kiss

5. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

Viji Ma,

It's the Power of Freedom, Choice, Independence, Affordability, whether we like it or not.

As long as it continues to keep us happy, no complaints.

Anything new - snippet or poem is always welcome from you Ma.

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Nats

Thank you for your fb and encouragement

love
    viji

7. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Very true that anything new is always welcome.
    But for us, even if we get a new saree, immediately we (at least I) cannot release it. We have to get the matching blouse stitched, get the falls stitched etc.

But my DD - since mostly it is ready mades, she releases it instantly. Remember last week only I wrote about shopping experience, she has already used up the two new tops. All the same, she is still having 3 to 4 dresses purchased last year - reluctant to use it since she had agreed to get them because we forced her saying the color was good. Now my next job is to ensure that she wears those then only get new sets.

I feel like being strict with her on this but when we go shopping, we tend to buy because she desires to have them! (Probably I am giving her a double doze of affection while shopping because my son is now abroad busy studying????????)

As you said, I used to eagerly wait for the first working day to show off new bag / pencil box / lunch box etc.!

These days, the children choose for themselves what they want. In a way that is also nice to see tiny tots making their own decision!!!

8. pussy

pussy Gold IL'ite

Hi Viji,

Very nice thread.
    Not only in our childhood even now new things whatever it may be
    makes us happy and feel proud.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  9. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Me too Viji ma, love anything new, even at this age!

I love the smell of new books. I have to always read atleast a couple of pages of a newly bought book as soon as I get it. New cooking vessels. It somehow feels that the dishes taste a bit different in the new pathrams. New pen/pencil - it feels that they write smoothly. Until recently one of our rooms at home always used to have the new smell. Going out to buy something new is always an exciting trip !

10. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Yes, Viji dear. Any new possession brings so much joy. I remember too how eagerly we'd wait, as school kids, to get our new stationery for the new class.
    The smell of new books is so heady, i still enjoy taking a deep sniff of any new book i buy :)
    And kitchen implements, how carefully, lovingly we handle them when they are new !