Anyone With Vitamin D Deficiency?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ennaye, Jul 16, 2012.

1. tashu

tashu New IL'ite

hi
    i was also diagonised with vitamin D deficiency my count was 12..symtons were losing weight , weakness, brethless i couldnt hold my a year old son for more than five min so was advised by doctors to take 2000 units capsule everyday...still have to visit my doctor again...

hi prema
    my prayers are with ur dd...hope she recovers soon...god bless her

2. ennaye

ennaye Silver IL'ite

Hi tashu,
    Now i can see that this deficiency creates problems for all age groups and can have varied symptoms. I too had breathlessness, depression alongwith Bp problem , fatigue and body ache. Feeling much better now .Have to ask doc for a maintenance dose. Haven't lost any weight, rather increased.
    Do take care and keep us posted about your progress.
    It is very important that the def is diagnosed.

3. GeethaMR

GeethaMR Silver IL'ite

Banana is the best source of magnesium.
    Multivitamins contain only small amounts of magnesium.
    Otherwise one has to take a magnesium supplement if it is low in blood. However, please go for it only if the levels are low and not otherwise! Take care.

4. ennaye

ennaye Silver IL'ite

Thnx , GeethaMR.

5. CHABOLU

CHABOLU Platinum IL'ite

I was diagonised with vit D deficiency a monh back. My count was12.37. I am taking the supplement once a week. But I go for walk in the early morning son everyday. Even then I am having it. May be after 60 Vit D is less absorbed in the body

6. ennaye

ennaye Silver IL'ite

Hi Chabolu,

My count was 5.9. We all think that sunshine is enough but it is not so.My symptoms were so severe that I had to visit 3 cardiologists, 1 neurologist, 1 gyneac, 1 endocrinologist,3 physicians but they never asked me to go for a Vit D test. All kinds of tests I had except Vit D. I think even the docs do not realise the havoc this deficiency can play.Grateful to a friend who almost pushed me to have this test. I have taken 1-eek dose for 3 months now will go for a retest. I am sure it will have come up to normal levels as I am feeling much better. Then maybe the doc will prescribe a maintenance dose. I have also been told by another doc that I should aim for 50 - to 70 levels.
    You are right , we have to be careful after 60. I understand stress also plays a very important part in this deficiency.

1 person likes this.
  7. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Prema Geetha, Ennaye
    Thank you for educating us... It really is arevealation I often suffer from hip catch which immobilises me about 1.5 years ago my Ca level had become low so doctor adviced to take Vit D and after that I was feeling good now again am getting the same problem I will get the test done soon... Also from a nutritionist I came to know Vit-D defiency will lead to uncontrolled diabetes and BP....

8. ennaye

ennaye Silver IL'ite

Hi vjbunny,
    Thanks for sharing your experience.
    Yesterday I got the VitD test done again after 3 months of therapy.The readings are normal now. Doc told me to stop the capsules now. But I always thought the one needs a maintenance dose? What has Your doc said?

9. CHABOLU

CHABOLU Platinum IL'ite

Hi Ennaye,
    glad to know that your readings are normal now. Hope i also get better with the dosage.

10. ennaye

ennaye Silver IL'ite

Hi Chabolu,

I am sure your levels will also come back to normal.
    Take care.

1 person likes this.