Anyone watching the US Presidential Debate?

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by Writer29, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Writer29

Writer29 Senior IL'ite

Thoughts? Comments?

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I am watching it. Want Obama to do better than last time. But, given that my children's future is at stake in many ways, I am listening really closely to the strategies they are promising.

so far looks balanced enough, and thankfully Obama is pointing out facts that are not!

I hope one of the questions is to do with women's choice, and the candidates' stand on it. A clear statement of their position on it would be great.

1 person likes this.
  3. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

Hello Rihana,

I wish Mr.Obama learned from his past four years experiences.

I believe that Mr.Obama has always been trying to make sincere efforts to fix huge issues. The problem is that he has lots of things in his plate at once and has not been able to justify as much as we would anticipate from him.
    In past four years he seems exhausted and having lost his momentum as well.

I also feel that everyone can promise anything they like but we need to observe who is more competent to fulfill in a given situation.

Bhavna

4. Writer29

Writer29 Senior IL'ite

I felt that the questions asked were focused on economy and foreign policy, which is what I look for. I was listening very carefully because these are crucial for our country this time.

On the other hand, I'm sorry if this sounds like a stupid comment but I'm afraid of another World War during our generation or lifetime. Is this a very irrational fear? Or maybe possible?

5. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

I watched bits and parts of it, but my mind is still wrapped around Mr. Romney's Binders full of women managers comment! What upset me more was Ann Romney appearing on the view and saying that women's reproductive rights and their economic rights are two different issues....You don't need to be a rocket scientist to make the connection between reproductive rights and economic rights

2 people like this.
  6. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

President George Bush spoiled the economy. He is a nice person pushed into politics by his father's friends/goons. Mitt is an idiot. Sorry. If women don't have rights regarding their bodies, then we are going back to olden times. I want President Obama to win. He may not be perfect, but much, much much better.

1 person likes this.
  7. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

finally it boils down to choosing the lesser of two evils.

1 person likes this.
  8. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

I cannot vote, but the other day I was talking to one of my American friends and she said that it is going to come down to choosing the lesser of the two evils....

9. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

sad! UK, France, and now, even US, people are thinking who is less bad to cast their vote. West is catching up with India! world equality, finally!!

3 people like this.
  10. whatisaguytodo

whatisaguytodo Gold IL'ite

Dislike Obama. I really wish Hilary would have won. She would have been a much better president than he has been.