1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone up for New Year targeting abs challenge ?

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by pman16, Nov 17, 2014.

1. jlak

jlak Silver IL'ite

Thanks Pman for starting this.. I have been trying to find a thread for fitness motivation - but most of them are already around 100 pages and I was not motivated at all!!

Finally seeing yours, I was like:wowThis is what I was looking for! I am currently try to lose my overall weight and fat content before toning my tummy. Have put on around 4 kgs in the last few months. Result of being really lazy!!:bang

I am already working out regularly with a trainer for 3 days a week, but want to start with 30 mins of walk daily as well. I am also starting to cut down my fat consumption and include more of proteins. Being a veggie as well, that is really getting difficult. I came across a broccoli soup recipe and planning to try it tonight. Will post the recipe if it turns out good! Wish me good lucklaugh1smiley

1 person likes this.
  2. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Jlak,

Welcome to the group and I can feel the excitement in your post. Please try the recipe and post it here...it will inspire many of us. Stick to your commitment and focus on losing 1-2 lbs per week and you will slowly reach your goal. Good luck to you dear.

3. jlak

jlak Silver IL'ite

Thanks pman! Here goes the broccoli soup recipe:

Boil a bowl of water in a vessel, and when the water starts boiling add a little salt and add the broccoli florets and add a pinch of salt again and close the lid. Let it boil for 4 to 5 mins max. Strain the florets and save the water as well. Put the florets in a mixer when they are hot and add the saved water to half of the florets quantity and grind into a fine paste. In a bowl add a little cheese (goat cheese or parmesan; only for protein you know:rotfl), and pour the soup on top of it, add freshly ground pepper and some garlic powder(not a must) and enjoy!

Very healthy indeed! I had only this for my dinner and I was feeling full (I know, it is the cheese:hide:). But just a tablespoon of it always good!

1 person likes this.
  4. g3sudha

g3sudha IL Hall of Fame

Due to Fever,Past 3days I didn't go for walk or gym.r

5. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

One hour zumba today. Due to rainy weather could not be regular.

6. jlak

jlak Silver IL'ite

yeah, The rains!! Witsend!! All I feel is switch on the heater and be cozy!! planning to workout today evening hopefully! But not sure with the effect of pineapple express in the bay area!!

1 person likes this.
  7. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Nothing much except walking everyday....not doing much for abs as needed for the challenge. Will soon start going to gym and do some strength training.

8. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Im having fresh fruit/vegetable juices everyday morning after workout. Feels good and finding difference in facial skin. Eating salad and having soups thrice a week for dinner.

1 person likes this.