Anyone preparing for SBI PO/IBPS Spealist Officer??

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by shinara, Feb 22, 2013.

1. sangeeG

sangeeG Silver IL'ite

Hi Shinara,
    Can you please give more information about SO exam if you have appeared for IT SO exam.

Thanks
    Sangeetha

2. shinara

shinara Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sangeetha

Yea i had appeared for the IBPS IT SO exam for the first time... Actually saying it was bit easy... With a regular practice we can easily pass... It was an online exam. It was my first OE.It has both its pros and cons. The good thing about online exam is it shows the number of questions answered/unanswered/marked & left for review/ left for review & unanswered in each section. for ex first i solved reasoning. I could give 7 answers confidently. Then i jumped to technical part. It was easy. I answered some questions confidently and left something answered/unanswered 7 marked for review. With such option i jumped here and there by checking the number of questions. But the problem was, we feel better to handle paper material than online exams. I used to strike the options which can not be correct answers. So that we don't want to check that option and concentrate on the options left. But with this OE, even though i know if 2 options are not relevant with this i couldn't separate it. ( Hope you can understand what i am coming to say)..

The above explained was all about the OE. And about my SO IT exam,

The reasoning had(40 ques=40 marks)

1.lot of coding and decoding questions. ex. exam and service is coded as de pa me and social and exam is coded as te ki pa. How is the and coded here? such type of questions.
    2. syllogisms
    3. Data Interpretation

2.English had been separated as Part 1 and Part 2. It has many fill the missing words , some antonyms,synonyms then error correction with grammar.

3.Quantitative Apps: compound interest, area/perimeter of geometrical shapes, percentage, then some simple decimal addition, division.

4.Technical/Professional: It had many basic computer knowledge questions. Ex Abacus is a --------(calculating device). Laptop manufactured by IBM-----------(ThinkPad)...

I found questions were easy. But the challenge was time management. I dint practice a lot before the exam. I could answer only 19 in reasoning where 24 is the minimum cut off. Hope i have given the enough details. If you have any query fell free to contact me dear...

3. rakinya

rakinya Platinum IL'ite

It's okay shinara. We have one month time for the exam. Let's practice at least three previous year question papers a day.
    All the best on your project.
    Hope you will do well in SBIPO. Let's give our best.

1 person likes this.
  4. asonia

asonia New IL'ite

Dear Ladies,

I wanted to share information about this learning/assessment platform that I recently came to know of - Welcome to TUXILA

Bank PO exams are also available. All free. Unlimited Practice.
    It was set up by an Indian Origin Expat - aiming to provide 100% free resources for anybody who need s to practice and prepare for an exam.
    It truly is a free and extremely smart system - with AI-based technology - and actually helps users to strengthen their knowledge of a subject.

I love the idea of something like this being made freely available, especially for our families that are overseas, and may not have access to coaching classes etc.

I hope I haven't overstepped any rules about posting on forums - but I really believe that we can benefit from such a splendid endeavour.

Best
    Sonia

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2013
  5. sangeeG

sangeeG Silver IL'ite

Thanks a lot shinara dear, That gave a real insight of the exam.

1 person likes this.
  6. rakinya

rakinya Platinum IL'ite

Hello Shinara,

How you doing? My SBIPO exam is on 28th April at 8.00am. I'm a bit tensed of the General Awareness. All the best for your exam. :thumbsup

7. shinara

shinara Platinum IL'ite

thanks rakinya.. wish you the same...

8. priyasaki

priyasaki Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I attended the SBI PO exam yesterday...
    I found reasoning and data interpretation a bit easy...
    Can u all share your experiences reg the exam?...

9. shinara

shinara Platinum IL'ite

Hi priya yea the exam was so easy. but because of some work i had to work overnight before the exam date. So i couldn't do well.. Lets see how did our other friends do the exam...

10. rakinya

rakinya Platinum IL'ite

Hey shinara,

The exam was easy. But i didn't get time to finish the question paper.

1 person likes this.