1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone needs Dental advice - Please post ur problems

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by hema_gladston, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Ammu2886

Ammu2886 Gold IL'ite

Hi mam,.
    This is regarding my son who is 20 months old.
    There are brown spots on his lower teeth...
    Is there any way to control it?
    It is very difficult to make him brush as he keeps yelling as soon as he sees the brush...

cliona likes this.
  2. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Hi @Ammu2886
    Thanks for your query.
    I would need some more information. Were the stains there since birth or recently developed ? Have you taken and prolonged antibiotics during or after pregnancy ? Is it increasing gradually ? Does he have pain ? Is he still breast feeding ? Does he eat more sugary foods ?
    Please answer these questions so that I can get better idea about his oral condition.

3. Ammu2886

Ammu2886 Gold IL'ite

Thanks for replying mam.

Were the stains there since birth or recently developed ?
    No..his teeth was very good at the time of teething.he got his first 2 down teeth at 7 months. Started observing these spots from 15 months old.Had been to pediatrician yesterday and he suggested me to meet a dentist.And i just saw your thread today on the top..so enquiring on the same.

Have you taken and prolonged antibiotics during or after pregnancy ?
    No

Is it increasing gradually ?
    Yes mam.

Does he have pain ?
    I guess No..He doesnot show any kinds of pain.

Is he still breast feeding ?
    Yes he is still on breastfeed.

Does he eat more sugary foods ?
    Yes.
    He likes eating all kind of malts like ragi and cerelac.I add palm sugar/jaggery...he does not feed on anything else and it's difficult to make him eat as well.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    Thyagarajan and cliona like this.
  4. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Hi @Ammu2886
    Thank you for answering.
    Raising babies is a tough job isn't it. I am a mom of 2 kids. Completely understand your situation.
    Couldn't see the pic you sent as it didn't open. But I got a fair idea by your answers.
    Although I can't ask you to stop his food. Please reduce the quantity of sugar on your kids diet. Even if you have to, include whole grains , whole fruit and healthy substitutes. Slowly think of weaning from breastfeeding. After breastfeeding give them water to wash off the leftover milk in the mouth as this could be the main cause... Especially night feeds could be tricky when chances of milk pooling for long time in mouth is more... Make sure he drinks plenty of water as soon as he eats and sugary food to wash away the sticky sugars which are the main culprits for cavities. Those brown spots might be very initial stages of cavities. Check it up with your dentist once. Please strictly follow oral hygiene. With good oral hygiene, it is possible to stop the cavities from becoming deep.
    Try and compulsorily include brushing twice daily how much ever possible. Use specific toothpaste for under 2 years. Show them tooth brushing animation videos on YouTube to make it a fun filled experience.
    Hope this helps.
    Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Regards,
    Cliona

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Ammu2886

Ammu2886 Gold IL'ite

Thank you so for understanding mam...Yeah I even tried getting a finger brush and force brush by holding him tight from all the angles....as I don't want the same to spread to other tooth..

6. Ammu2886

Ammu2886 Gold IL'ite

7. deepthivinayak1

deepthivinayak1 Gold IL'ite

[

Thanks . Planning to meet a dentist soon.

QUOTE="cliona, post: 4124971, member: 186018"]Hi @deepthivinayak1
    Thank you for the information. Looks like you need a professional cleaning and polishing of teeth. The grey colour is mostly due to accumulation of tartar deposits. It's a completely safe and painless procedure. It's recommended to go for dental cleaning once in every 6 months for maintaining good oral hygiene. Please visit a dentist and get it done. Hope this helps.
    Let me know if you still have any other questions.
    Regards,
    Cliona[/QUOTE]

8. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Hi @cliona,

I had 4 tooth cavity fillings in the month of June 2018. The numbers are 13,14,15,19.

I had severe sharp pain after the fillings done and I went to my dentist and he filed down the high fillings. I went for four visits as I always feel some discomfort or some pressure in the left lower side of my mouth. He filed down the extra in my 3 visits and in the 4th visit, he said there might be bubbles inside the filling and the filling has to be replaced.

I am always do nervous about dental visit and this was my first cavity filling done in my life. So, I was worried about doing it again. He told that it has to be redone to the tooth number 19.He didn't take any x-rays.

I am so worried and didn't go back to the dentist. I still get the pain or pressure feeling in my lower left side of the mouth. I am not sure if it's because of the air bubbles in the tooth number 19 or the fillings done in the upper left side tooth too. I am not sure which one is causing problem. How to identify the air bubbles in the cavity filling? What should do I do now?
    Also, I had very small cavities and did the filling in the earlier stage. I just got a chance to send my x-rays to my dentist back in India now. He saw it and said those are very tiny and I would have avoided the fillings. I didn't get any second opinion and thought i can do it in order to prevent further damage to the teeth.
    Kindly help me with your advice.

Thank you!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. vijayan13680

vijayan13680 Bronze IL'ite

I fear going to a dentist ! What should i do ? I keep postponing my visits ..

10. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Thread is super informative. Feedbacks are mine if information as to how to guard one’s teeth and it’s hygiene.
    God bless the author of the thread.