1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone needs Dental advice - Please post ur problems

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by hema_gladston, Jun 18, 2008.

1. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

Hello,

Do you have any remedies for yellow teeth?

cliona likes this.
  2. Sri2196

Sri2196 Silver IL'ite

Thank you so much for the prompt reply. As you said,the surgeon is gonna do the procedure over a period of time. Some of my friends freaked me out by saying that nerves could be affected if not carried out properly and that i should take another dentist's opinion. So i was scared a little. Your response helped.

cliona likes this.
  3. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

HI @JGVR
    If the yellow of the teeth is due to tartar deposits, please get a full mouth cleaning done at a dentists clinic.
    If still yellow persists then...
    Yes, you can get bleaching procedure at dentists clinic. But it has a temporary result. It's better that you get it done rarely since the procedure uses different concentrations of hydrogen peroxide and carb amide peroxide. These are highly acidic and might dissolve the enamel.
    Our teeth are like our skin. You can't change the internal natural color permanently.
    There is one more costlier option which is dental veneers. Please check it in the net and discuss about it with your dentist.
    Thanks for your query.
    Cliona

JGVR likes this.
  4. ShabnamF

ShabnamF Gold IL'ite

Hi Cliona,

I had sensitivity earlier too, but just for a few minutes at a time when I consumed something too hot or cold. This is totally different, my upper jaw and upper teeth are hurting and I have developed a headache too. I have the pain all the time since the last 2 days. It's not while chewing or because of eating anything, it's just there all the time.
    No, I have no cavities nor have I gotten cleaning done. But I have been noticing since last 2 days that I am clenching my teeth a lot, especially in my sleep, something I never did earlier, or never noticed before.
    Toothpaste for sensitive teeth are giving relief only for an hour or so.

Thanks

5. svpriya

svpriya Silver IL'ite

hi friends,

20 days before i slipped in bathroom and got injured in my lower back. I had severe pain in that area and that place got swollen.. Now pain got completely cured but still that area is swollen.. it became little hard.. if any one knew some remedy to cure it please reply me...

Priya...

6. adisum

adisum Gold IL'ite

Hi, i have sensitive teeth specifically on left side, whenever i eat or drink something cold , it pains like hell. I do brush my teeth twice a day , in the morning then at night before bed. still i feel my mouth bad smell and cant feel fresh. What could possibly be the reason.

I used Colgate previously, recently started using Patanjali Dant Kanti toothpaste. Doesn't make any difference. Please suggest.

7. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Hi @adisum
    Sorry for late reply. Got busy with my baby and family.
    Please use any branded sensitive tooth paste. It will take at least 2 weeks for it to work. And change the method of brushing. Check for bass method of tooth brushing in the net. Most of the tooth sensitivity is due to incorrect brushing techniques. Always go for soft bristles. Change your brush once in 3 months.
    If it's too much to bear visit your dentist immediately.
    Please let me know if you have any further questions.
    Thank you
    Regards,
    Cliona

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Also since you said left side,,, which means you are a right hander and are unnecessarily applying too much pressure while tooth brushing. There goes the reason for your sensitivities. Too much pressure will erode the gums and expose the second layer of the tooth.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. Dishaa

Dishaa Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I have been using Colgate toothpaste right from my childhood days. Whenever I switch over my toothpaste for 1 or 2 days, I get severe sensitivity & tooth ache. Once again I switch back to Colgate the problem stops immediately.

Note: I have checked the ingredients list also the other toothpastes are (Dabur, Pepsodine).

Please let me know the reason.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Hi @disha
    If some toothpaste suits you then keep using it as far as it has 1000 ppm fluoride . I feel, the reason for your sensitivities might be because of contents. Some pastes are based on calcium hydroxide ( is more coarse), some are silica. ( More fine)And constituents vary a lot. So they might cause varying degrees of micro abrasions which can erode the gums and expose the second layer dentin to oral cavity.
    Let me know if you have any further questions.
    Thank you
    Regards,
    Cliona

Thyagarajan and Dishaa like this.