1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone needs Dental advice - Please post ur problems

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by hema_gladston, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Could you please get the tooth removed.. The tooth would simply go all wrong and hurt other teeth as well.. It is not growing but coming out into the mouth all wrong and making space for infection and lodging bacteria.

Please get it removed. The injection will definitely sting but trust me you are way better than leaving it in your mouth.

2. glchaitu

glchaitu New IL'ite

Hi Hema
    my son is 11years old,he got some crack in the front 2 tooths (permanent teeth).is there any treatment to cover it permanently,both the two tooth edges got cut when he fell down while playing.thanks in advance..

3. Pratts

Pratts Senior IL'ite

Hi Hema,

Thanks for the much rendered help. everyday morning wen i get up i ve pain near my ear. when i visited doctor they told me that i ve no prob in ear but in the jaw. They told that i ve Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) dysfunction and consult a dentist. Am planning to visit dentist only wen am coming to India. Meanwhile I need to check is there something that i can to prevent it getting worse.

4. Usha625

Usha625 New IL'ite

Hi Dr.Preethi,

Im 29, and my front 2 teeths are pushed forward due to my childhood habit (tongue thrusting). I went to dentist to have braces to have it alligned straight but he told that they need to remove last 2 teeths from top and bottom rows to fix the braces and my parents are worrying that may cause more problem to my gums and teeth bone. So they are not allowing me to have braces. Im going to get marry in 4 months and my pics will not be good if I smile..Please suggest me

5. shreepriya

shreepriya Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Recently i have noticed clicking,grating sound in my jaw joint with no pain.
    I came to know through doctor as TMJ.
    Is it curable completely and i am taking anxiety medicines for past 1 year.
    Is it caused due to stress and anxiety.
    Waiting for your reply.

6. sayeedunissa

sayeedunissa New IL'ite

Hi... How do I get white teeth???
    My teeth is getting yellowish... Pls help

7. seakay

seakay New IL'ite

Hi!
    Thanks for offering to help out in providing help in dental matters. It is said that all problems in the body manifest in the teeth/mouth first. So what you are doing is amazing work.

Are you still providing solutions.
    I need some clarification before approaching a dentist. In fact I have been going on putting it off as subconsciously I guess I am a bit wary of what may have to be done to my teeth once I visit a dentist. I have 2 problems.
    1. I had 2 of my teeth pulled off on different occasions in upper and lower mouth. Now all my teeth are crowding to the front and pushing the front 2 teeth out. Anything can be done to stop it? I am above 50.
    2. Recently one of my teeth just broke into half and the front portion also came off. I am worried that the rest of it also may disintegrate and the dentist may not have a hold over it to remove it if reqd. In such a case, what would they do?
    I would be grateful, if you are able to get some suggestions.
    Thank you and God Bless you
    Kay

8. Rekish

Rekish New IL'ite

Hi preethi, thanks for answering our questions. I have a problem and need solution from you.I got my root canal treatment with cap fixed on my back tooth in India during march month.Im in USA right now and my cap has fallen off. It is in good condition means fixable. Can I keep my tooth without cap till I go to India? Won't it be a problem and affect my tooth, also it is very expensive I believe. It is also very bad without cap,don't know what to do..
    Please advise..

9. DeepaliMohite

DeepaliMohite Senior IL'ite

My teeth have become sensitive and not able to chew properly from left side. What to do? I am scared of visiting to a dentist and doesnt want to undergo any surgery or treatment. Any suggestion?

10. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Hi Deepali,
    Do you have any cavities? Does the tooth pain in the night ? Any swelling or fever ?
    If its routine sensitivity then,
    I would suggest you to start using a sensitive tooth paste which you can get at any medical store twice daily.
    Apply the paste let it be there for 3 minutes so that the drug in the paste acts on the teeth and later brush correctly using a proper brushing technique- this is very important.
    It takes at least 15 days for the sensitivity to improve with sensitivity paste.
    Also looks like you are brushing very hard. Since you mentioned that it's mostly on left side, I assume you are a right hand dominant person. Make sure you always use a soft brush.
    If your brush bristles flare sooner than 3 months then you are using too much force. Change your brush every three months.
    Get a full mouth cleaning done with the dentist every 6 months once.
    Don't worry..
    Let me know if any further queries are there.
    Regards,
    Cliona
    ( Dental Surgeon)

Laks09 likes this.