1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone needs Dental advice - Please post ur problems

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by hema_gladston, Jun 18, 2008.

1. lakshmiprathap

lakshmiprathap Senior IL'ite

Hi Dr Preethi ,
    I had 2 of my tooths decayed and they were filled one with silver and the other with some white filling. The silver fillign is intact however the white one had come off few years back & the tooth started to decay & the dentist advised me to do root canal .BUt I didnt do it (fear of needles etc:spin:hide:) . then one half of that tooth fell off & now I can see tht some mass like thing is growing in the tooth. It usually doesnt pain but the tooth is sensitive. Also my 2 wisdom teeths which are growing are decaying.. Any advise... Plz dnt tell me to go for a root canal I am very very very afraiddd of it :hide::bowdown

2. sandhyachander

sandhyachander Bronze IL'ite

Thank you Mam,

will sure do that!

sandhya

3. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

LakshmiPrathap,

There are advantages and disadvantages of both silver and non silver fillings. Silver fillings though come for very long are seldom practiced offlate. I never practiced it in my clinic as it comes with more problems eventually. There are better filling materials available now.

Coming to your problem..had you sustained the same guts you had while filling the first two teeth and quickly got the refilling done of the non silver one..you wouldnt have had to go through any pain or be it even be writing here. :)

The mass that is growing could be an extension of your gums trying to cover up the space or some ingrown tissue .. Trust me, either of it is not appealing.

Unfortunately you have only two options here..a root canal or get the portion removed. Well, with what you say I somehow do not think even root canal is possible now. Even for an RCT the tooth needs to be fit for it. I guess, you will have to remove the tooth now..and yes this if you really want to save the other healthy teeth only.. Else you can leave this just as it is while it destroys the other teeth ( oh yeah an unhealthy tooth can definitely spoil the healthy ones.. )

If you ask me it is very very sad that you led yourself to this Lakshmi.. You could've saved that tooth with an RCT.. A root canal treatment that is. Losing a tooth is a big deal according to me. Artificial stands artificial and the feel of it you need to ask someone who has all the teeth removed. It's not good. But since you have no option to save your other teeth, please get this removed and go for a crown to save the support to the rest.

Lakshmi, let me tell you something.. We dont stop being moms in the fear of pain and delivery, do we ? We do not stop getting married in the fear of physically not being able to live with parents, do we ? It is as simple as that.. The first one is physical pain and the second an emotional pain.. Still we move on, dont we.

Pricks aren't the worse pain in this world..its like a mosquito bite or an ant bite, definitely doesn't sting like a bee. So, just ask the dentist what are the pain reduction possibilities you have..take it from there and stop fearing. No pain no gain.. :)

The wisdom teeth can be removed too if required instead of trying to fill it up. But this only of the tooth opposite of it is also missing.

Take care

4. nehausa

nehausa Senior IL'ite

Hi Dr Preethi,

I never wanted to be in her shoes yet I am here clueless as my 5 yr old is needing cavity filled for one front teeth Pediatric Dentistry will give laughing gas or injection I am in bad situation to go for it or not Please save me Advice me..
    Also should I go for laughing gas or injection ??[​IMG]

Thnx

5. DianaRose

DianaRose Junior IL'ite

thanks for coming out with this thread.

While brushing, i cud see blood. Its only against a particular teeth. I dont have any pain, or it doesnt stink. When i press my tongue against that teeth, it bleeds. If i do oil-pulling to 3/4 days, it disappears for next 10/15 days... can u help me out...

6. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Neha,

Dont worry.. Just go ahead with what is required to be done. Even before an injection the area is sprayed with a local analgesic so that the prick isnt felt much.

Laughing gas is alright too. Just makes the person ecstatic and feel no pain.

If she is comfortable with injection then go for it. Take care.. She will be fine.

7. nehausa

nehausa Senior IL'ite

ThankYou DrPreethi,, Ok as per your reply i will go for it..

8. alokgowda

alokgowda Senior IL'ite

hello dr,
    i have developed gaps in my front lower tooth due to periodontal disease now i want to fix it but my perio told me i have lot bone loss and bracess were ruled out, i will be visiting india shortly so thought of doing dental bonding
    my question is
    how long does the procedure take?
    do i need an x ray as i am in my second trimester, r dental x rays safe during pregnancy?
    will i be given anesthesia?
    durability of dental bonding?
    r cosmeic dental procedure safe during pregnancy?

9. inanya

inanya Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I have healthy teeth and gums... but recent days im facing so many problems regarding my teeth. i used to have white teeth, but now its yellowish. tooth ache, bleeding gums, weak gum, sensitivity, and much more.
    i am using meswak toothpaste and a oralb sensitive toothbrush..
    can u suggest me a gud toothpaste and a solution to my dental problems?

10. deepaishu

deepaishu New IL'ite

Hai Hema,

Could you just tell me the benefits of oil pulling? Does that really helps?..... Thanks in advance....