1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone needs Dental advice - Please post ur problems

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by hema_gladston, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

T,

The reason few of our teeth are either crooked or not in the right alignment is because of a few reasons like
    Disproportionate tooth and bone
    Lost tooth / which is not replaced
    Gum disease
    Bone disease
    Early removal of milk tooth and not maintaining the space for the permanent tooth to come in there
    Physiological disorders which could cause the teeth to weaken while they were erupting.

The reasons could be any.. Only when clinically viewed the root of the problem could be discussed. If you feel you could relate to even one of the above reasons, then I can help you further..

Scaling should be done every 6 months.

2. aiyanct

aiyanct New IL'ite

Sure, and thanks for the help we need. I met a small accident two year before and now i made root canal in my front(right) teeth. Now m alright but i don't wear cap yet for that damaged teeth which now looking discolor compared to my next teeth. Doc told to do that at the time of my operation. But i dont have time to put cap. So it gets postponed and delay for merely one year. Shall i get ready to put cap now. Is there any problem for delaying one year since.?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  3. swathiiyer

swathiiyer Silver IL'ite

Hi Hema

Firstly i would like to thank you n your hubby for this humble service..You r doing a great job..

Im 33 yrs old.. I had done a root canal treatment for my upper left hand first molar teeth when i was 18 yrs old...

Then a year back had to do root canal for the next two teeth as well... This time, the doctor advised me to make single cap which will hold all the three teeth... This cap came out by itself within three months... As i did this treatment in mumbai ( mothers place) i thought i will go to the same doctor to put the cap back... I was without the cap for six months... Then after six months when i visited the doctor, he told me becoz i was without the cap for six months, the gums have become bigger.. But somehow he fixed n gave... But i was not comfortable..

After i came back from my native, again the cap came down.. This time i visited a local dentist.. She advised me that becoz one of the root canaled teeth is very small, the cap is not fitting properly.. She advised me that she will trim the teeth before the first molar teeth n thn make a single cap which will hold four teeth... This way the cap will b fitted permanantely...

my husband told me what if thy touch the nerve while trimming? Im without cap for the last two months...

please suggest me what to do... Should i go with my local doctors advice or should i try for artificial fixed teeth... Also will like to know if this procedure is painful...

SORRY FOR THE LONG POST... THOUGHT TO GIVE A DETAILED REPORT...

Regards
    Swathi

4. sandhyachander

sandhyachander Bronze IL'ite

Hi Dr Preethi

What are the new developments other than braces in the tooth alignment procedures?

What are invisible braces and how far they are safe? pl discuss.

thank you
    sandhya

5. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

A,

I am very sorry about the late reply.. I somehow missed the notification..

The problem in delaying the crown ( cap ) placement after rct..are these
    1) The tooth will not have anu strength since its vutsl part called pulp a has been removed hence the chance of it breaking is seen.
    2) Again because of the removal of pulp there is no life in the tooth which eventually makes it black
    3) Since it has no strength it could tilt a little and this could also cause the neighbouring tooth to move and cause gap
    4) If the sealing of the tooth surrenders to forces due to eating or other hard substance it could chip off which causes seepage of food into the tooth which in turn harbours bacteria and you land with decay again.
    So, basically a root canal is not complete without a ca. The whole idea of RCT is to save our tooth and help it support the rest, covering it with a crown seems to be the right choice.

I assume I have answered your query and I hear you calling the Dentist.. :) Take care

6. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Swathi,

So, I assume by your post that your first molar was root canal treated as a start..

Next you say you had RCT for the 'other two teeth ' which I assume is the 2nd and 3rd molar. Right ?

Now the crown for nothing fits.. Correct ?

My advice.. If all the teeth are intact and strong ( an xray will reveal the bone ) then a bridge for the 3 teeth should be more than sufficient. Just taking support from a pre-molar for three molars sounds not enough for me. Basically, a non treated tooth is taken for support to make a bridge when -
    One or more teeth are missing
    The RCT tooth/ teeth have been longstanding and looks weak by itself
    And when the support tooth/ teeth is sufficient enough to bear the forces that's on the missing or RCT tooth/teeth.

So unless it is a premolar that has had a RCT and a molar one missing.. A support from the second molar can be taken to make a bridge..

The problem in your case about the advice given by the last dentist would be that the pre molar will be given too much force/ pressure then it can bear and this could weaken it in the long run..failing this bridge as well.

So ask the Dentist why just the 3 molar be crowned instead and leave the premolar as it is.

About what your hubby feels in regards to touching the nerve during cutting tooth..that won't happen. Nerve is far more inside the tooth and for placing a crown only a portion of enamel is cut. So dont worry.

Take care

7. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Sandhya,

I have focussed about this braces in page 79..would you go through it.. Let me know if you have more doubts.. I will br more than willing to answer..
    Mostly ceramic and are invisible brackets .

Read through it.. And then we could discuss further if you need more information.

Take care

8. swathiiyer

swathiiyer Silver IL'ite

Thanks Dr. Preethi

the doctor told me that the second molar teeth of all three root canaled teeth is very small, becoz of which, the cap is not fitting... So can you plz suggest the best solution for this..

Thanks in advance
    Swathi

9. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Swathi,

Usually what we do when a tooth has been trimmed small or let's say broken and did not have its original crown length required for a artificial crown to be placed is use a post ( a blunt pin like thing ) into the root as a post ( like in a light post or flag pole ) and then build a structure around it that could mimic a tooth to fit in a crown.. But the treatment would also be removing some of the root canal material to fix the post ..like how we remove a little of soil from the ground to place a plant.

Then the same tooth can be crowned. Talk to your dentist about this and work out the cost.. You can compare it then..

Just one pre molar support would not be enough and it nay need the other premolar too if you go by the original suggestion by your dentist..

Talk to them and get back..I could help further once I know what they say..

Take care

10. swathiiyer

swathiiyer Silver IL'ite

Thank you soo very much Doctor... Will consult my local doctor n get back if any query