1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone lost 20 pounds lately? How?

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by soccermom, Jan 15, 2008.

1. GayathriSundar

GayathriSundar Senior IL'ite

pmahensa,
    Congrats on losing the weight and sticking to your diet. :wow
    I followed the same diet when I was pregnant and had gestational diabetes. And I tried this diet before I got pregnant too.
    I have to tell you that this diet and the exercise is a guaranteed weight loss regime.

Have you tried cracked red bulgar wheat from whole food? This has almost the same amount of carb as rice but high amount of fiber. Now fiber also reduces the rate at which food is converted to glucose. I cook 1 cup of this cracked wheat with 2 and 1/4 cup water in the electric rice cooker. I eat it just as rice (with dal, veggie etc). I found it more fulfilling that rotis. Actually eating cracked wheat will lower your blood sugar even more than eating rotis (even when using whole wheat flour for rotis).

Oh and our doc suggested adding protein supplement powder to rotis.

I need to follow your diet to lose my baby fat!!! Oh I am in dire need of inspiration to lift me out of my always tired-sleep deprived-tired caring for my 1 year old son gloom. shakehead

2. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Hi Gayathri .. you're right abt the diet ... i started off doing low-carb to lose weight and then went to see the dietician because I am pre-diabetic... and this has really really helped with the weight loss ... especially around the tummy!

Thank you so much for the idea on the cracked bulgur wheat. Next time I am at whole foods, I will surely pick it up!

3. latha kulkarni

latha kulkarni New IL'ite

Hey Pooja

your posts are really encouraging.

4. shravanthika

shravanthika Senior IL'ite

Hi gayathri,
    How abt the cracked wheat we get in Indian stores?Any Idea?

5. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    Now a days, I have replaced upma rava with cracked wheat.
    The upma comes out good.

~Punitha

6. sunikrishnan4u

sunikrishnan4u New IL'ite

Hi everyone,

I am Suni, new to this forum. I also have PCOS for almost one year. I am not overweight, my US doctor said no need to reduce weight etc. But under Indian standards, I am a bit over weight, planning to lose 15-17 lbs, from 137 - 120 for 5'4".

I am trying to excercise daily now, I also tried low carb, high protein diet. Yes I did lose weight, but then it started coming back the minute I returned to normalcy. So now trying to fomulate something which is suitable for us, our kitchen :).

Thanks a lot for inspiration in the forum, we will together lose all the extra weight!! :cheers. I am planning to update regularly, as I can see, I can easily get inspired by you, high spirited girls here

:party

Regards
    Suni

7. GayathriSundar

GayathriSundar Senior IL'ite

Hi Shravanthika,
    The cracked wheat available in Indian stores is quite good. If you have never eaten cracked wheat then it is better to start with these.

But I have observed that the cracked wheat from Whole Foods has more fibre.

Gayathri

8. amudha71

amudha71 New IL'ite

hi nice and encouraging to hear this , i have to give this a try and will keep u guys posted , need to lose weight 15-17kgs
    bonk

9. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Pmahensa
    How many egg whites can one have ina day? can u find out from dietician. like boiled egg after removing the yolk just white?

10. hi

iam aarathi and after my delivery i have increased my weight by 10 kgs..
    one day i purchased sona belt and it helped me a lot..
    i lot 5 kgs and 3 inch loss with that belt....and another thing which helped me is that i drink capcicum corriender juice early in the morning.....from past 1 and half year i tried and now i lost nearly 12 kgs...

bye .......