1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone living in Montreal / Quebec ?

Discussion in 'Indians in Canada' started by Kurunji, Dec 16, 2007.

1. ganeshbabu

ganeshbabu New IL'ite

Hi Sus
    I am Ganesh want to know about life in Montreal. Can I get job with out speaking french. How about native quebec people are they helpful.

Regards
    Ganesh

2. ganeshbabu

ganeshbabu New IL'ite

Dear Prathiyankara,
    I am Ganesh and would like to migrate to quebec. It would be very helpful if you could give me some information about french in quebec. Is it mandatory that we need to know french in order to survive in quebec. Can I get job in quebec if I don't speak french. I will be expecting your reply.
    Regards,
    Ganesh

3. susan22

susan22 New IL'ite

Hi,

I'm in the process of migrating to Quebec. I'm a single mother, my son is 4 yr old. Is it safe for single mother to live and which is the best place (city) to live in Quebec.

Regards
    Susan

4. imii

imii New IL'ite

Hi friends,
    I discovered this great forum while doing some research about Quebec. I have recently applied for Quebec immigration. However, I have a few questions and would be grateful if anyone could answer them.

I am 29 years old with finance background. My wife is 28 years old and a doctor. We have 1 year old son. I have a nice job in India and love my work. However, i am not too happy with the facilities and infrastructure. I do not want my son to grow up in India. Also I work long hours and not able to devote time to family. That is why I am now planning to move to Quebec where I hope working conditions will be better.

I'd like to hear about the Quebec experience from the forum members. I am willing to take a cut on my income but want a better living standard. In India, am currently earning about 250K CAD equivalent, annually. My wife doesn't plan to work and wants to take care of home and kid. I have very good savings. I want to know what kind of income should I expect in Quebec in first 2 years. Also, are you happy with the living and working conditions?
    Also, more important, how are the educational facilities for kids? I can communicate in French (intermediate level). My wife doesn't know French yet but she will learn.

Also, which area of Quebec should be best to settle?

I plan to sell my property in Mumbai and buy one in Quebec. Is it advisable and how expensive is it?

Would appreciate your responses.

Thanks.

5. gjayapradha

gjayapradha New IL'ite

hi myura, we are planning to move quebec before this december. really very excited I know this is an older post, but I just signed up on these forums, am trying to get some friends there plz try to give some more information regarding their govt. and schools. I have to search for the jobs also. I'm married with 2 children..i can speak tamil/telugu.

regards
    jaya

6. gjayapradha

gjayapradha New IL'ite

hi myura, we are planning to move quebec before this december. really very excited I know this is an older post, but I just signed up on these forums, am trying to get some friends there plz try to give some more information regarding their govt. and schools. I have to search for the jobs also. I'm married with 2 children..i can speak tamil/telugu.

regards
    jaya

7. montreal2011

montreal2011 New IL'ite

Living standard is definitely better . Less Pollution , Clean environment and negligible hassles in daily life . Most of the emloyees will tend not to make you work after 5 pm as they will have to pay a huge amount to you in that case . So no long working hours and if there you are paid handsomely . But better to make sure that you have a job before coming . If you know French , then you might not have problem in getting one even after landing here .. depends on whats the job market in your field .. you can check it here ...Page d'accueil | Welcome Page
    Kids will be learning French in School . and education is without pressure . they have some of the best univesities like Mcgill ..
    I came here in July and got a job in 5 days ..without french ..I am in IT ... but people say that is the lucky thing .. its too hard to crack market here .. as per other people ... I am still new to Montreal .... so this is as per my experience and what i heard . I dont have enough knowledge about other areas u asked ..

8. imii

imii New IL'ite

Thanks montreal2011 for your feedback about Quebec.

9. kmanoj32

kmanoj32 New IL'ite

imii, did you have any luck with jobs in Montreal/Quebec? Please let me know how much of your immigration work is done.

I am in a similar position as you, 30, 3 year old, but i'm in IT.

Where did you learn French and did you get it tested?

Thanks,

10. neha1

neha1 Silver IL'ite

montreal2011, nice to hear your experience. Hardly people post such helpful replies here. Thank You!