1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone landed in job using H4 EAD work permit-plz share

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by Einstein21, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Einstein21

Einstein21 New IL'ite

Hi friends,
    Did you get H4 EAD work visa and landed in your relative fields.
    Whether it's a yes or no,please share your experience and progress here...

Mine goes here...I have a 5 year old and was waiting to go back to work once baby goes to public school.However,I have shifted to a new location which has not many opportunities in my software field.I didn't even apply for my H4 EAD yet.I am kind of losing my interest to work anymore.i am equally bored to sit at home while my H and kid go to work and school.Before my marriage,I worked 4 years as Java developer in India.With the recent shift to a new place,my chances of getting back to work and friends are all narrow...I am trying to revise my subject in my free time...I have to see how it goes....

please share your progress...

Thank you

2. kmrkannu

kmrkannu New IL'ite

I am in the same situation like you Einstein21. I have 4 year old daughter and bored to be at home. Haven't applied for H4 ead yet . Hopefully by the end of this month I should apply , after which is the hassle of job search. I was working in itil management for 3 years. Have to start brushing up. Good luck to you .

3. aspha

aspha Gold IL'ite

I have 2 year old. Applied for my H4 EAD last year in May. Got my SSN and EAD by end of September. Started Job search 2 weeks ago and landed a job in Technical writing in my first interview. Its a part time position but I am loving it so far. Just started last Monday.
    My only advice is look for career change something might kindle your interest. Take course or two if needed.

sumalynux likes this.
  4. ranj24

ranj24 New IL'ite

Dear aspha

I am looking for jobs as well. I had 4 years of experience in QA in India and after I came to the US I couldn't stay idle. So I did a Masters in Engineering Management online from UNC Charlotte which I just completed in Dec 2015. But it has been a 5 year break in my career now and I am looking for junior or entry level jobs in BA, QA and any technical position for that matter but it's quite challenging to get recruiters pick my resume with such a gap in career. Kindly share your experience on how you landed with the technical writer position job and where you are located in the US. Would love to connect as I am looking for some encouragement here:) . Thanks!

5. inboxsweetee

inboxsweetee Gold IL'ite

Try different courses to fit your personality and knowledge also as per your background subject

6. inboxsweetee

inboxsweetee Gold IL'ite

Next get into Business Analysis for better pay rate :)

7. inboxsweetee

inboxsweetee Gold IL'ite

You need to prep up your resume as per market :)

8. inboxsweetee

inboxsweetee Gold IL'ite

All the Best for prep

9. inboxsweetee

inboxsweetee Gold IL'ite

Is your Prep is done . From Feb market would be good to apply for new job . All the Best.

10. aspha

aspha Gold IL'ite

Hello, I am located in Boston, MA. I did my Masters in technical communications in 2012. I had big gap of 8 years. One thing i can say/share is, keep yourself updated in your field. Join LinkedIn groups, participate in discussion forums or at least read the posts in forums. Also look for current trends in your field like what new tools/languages are being used, what are the required skills and what are optional, etc.

While at the interview be calm, there is nothing to lose as it is you are looking for a start whether you get a job or not is secondary. Also, be confident and sound passionate about your field. Yes, they do ask what you did while you took break, be positive in your answers tell them you enrolled yourself to masters program and successfully completed it. Tell them about hobbies you picked like baking, knitting, etc (this shows you are egar to learn new skills/things) Keep your tone/pitch happy, optimistic.

For entry level jobs Internships is a good site. (I landed my job through this site) :banana
    For work from home options: www.powertofly.com ( this is really good. It was featured in TIME magazine and Forbes list)
    Also have your resume uploaded on glassdor.comm smiplyhired, indeed, monster.

And the most important DO NOT FAKE YOUR RESUME. keep away from body-shoppers.I stayed away from any Indian placement agency. I simply don't trust them.

All the best in your search! :)