1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Knows About Kid's Stomach Bug Issues?

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by gknew, Apr 24, 2023.

1. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Hii
    my son is 9yrs old. He never get stomach issues often. He always get sick with cold cough ,croup, strep throat etc, which are very frequent throughout the day.

Yesterday evening he complaint that his tummy is aching severely but he didn't eat anything before that. Just lunch and after 3 hours he said his tummy was aching.

I gave him Pepto pills but he kept saying it was painful. and after a while, he vomited a lot. Then he felt good and relieved.

Today he was ok in the morning and had bread for breakfast. He had rice for lunch and then after ten mins, he started complaining about stomach pain. He just felt like cramp and constant pain in the stomach.
    He vomited again and become normal.
    This is not usual and we thought of taking him to ER.
    Then he becomes active and playing. So didn't go to ER and watching him out..
    One of my friends said it could be stomach bug and to be honest, I never heard of this and he never had this before. So I wasn't aware of this and don't know if it will resolve on its own.

Planning to go to ER tomorrow if the same things continues.
    I will try to ask for pediatric office appointment but they would have been all booked up.

Anyone have any experience with stomach bugs?? Not asking for medical advice. Just wanted to know how it went through. Is it like some virus?

2. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Stomach flu is very common in kids, and they often cause fever, stomach pain, and gastrointestinal symptoms such as bloated belly, gas, diarrhea or constipation and fussy eating as a result of it. Drs usually prescribe gas medication and ask you to follow mild food for a couple of days with plenty of water and rest.
    They may also ask for stool sample, based on the symptoms to determine whether it is caused by bacteria. In that case, they would go for antibiotic course.
    In any case, foods like yogurt are the best for stomach problems.

But, stomach pain can also indicate other problems such as appendicitis. So, please consult a doctor if he complains of persisting symptoms

gknew likes this.
  3. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

Call your pediatricians office and make an appointment. It could be something else too.
    You can also go to urgent care instead of ER.
    Give pedialyte to keep the electrolytes in balance.

gknew likes this.
  4. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

stomach bug usually resolved in 3,4 days by itself unless its bothering you too much we see the kids with this the whole day.along with pedialyte you can also give him ginger ale or canada dry as mixing those two also can help him with his electrolytes... if he dont feel like eating anything give him soups,any kind and as we follow in india rice soup made with only pinch of salt is helpful too..he should be fine in 2,3 days...

gknew likes this.