Anyone In Project Management? Plz Give Helpful Tips

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by SuiDhaaga, Jul 31, 2022.

1. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

I was given a project, but I am not a Project Manager.

I am hoping my Management involves a Project Manager, as I am not trained.

However, I wish to be smart on this subject

Please share some tips and tricks that have helped you.

For instance, one former Project Manager says it helps to work backwards, ie what is the End Vision, and work from there.

Please please please help.

@Thoughtful <- because your name says you are thoughtful

Everyone please chime in!

Thyagarajan likes this.

2. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Gold IL'ite

Hi @SuiDhaaga
    My humble opinion is that Project Manager does not need to be trained. Any one good in people management will do fine. The Project Management training itself takes a person through the sequence of steps and jargons associated with it. This acts as a guide to the Project Manager on making sure of not putting the cart in front of the horse and in status meeting whether it be sharing with upper management or when talking with the team on where things stand and what the next steps are.

Try laying out the sequence of steps to be taken and run it by the subject matter experts. Draw a time line by getting feedback with the team. Communicate to the upper management. Get regular feedback and communicate progress, risk, etc.

You can take the PMP exams or read PMP books and it might help you learn the ropes if you want to go about in a structured way and pursue project management as a career.

SuiDhaaga and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

I might want to pursue.

right now it was sort of thrust upon me. Hopefully the PM in work will be involved in our project and I will learn from her.