1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone got remarried successfully through matrimonial sites? Pleasee share

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by niceperson2345, Apr 30, 2012.

1. niceperson2345

niceperson2345 New IL'ite

dear ssm014,

Thank you very much. I am grateful to you all for consoling me and make me feel better during this desparate hour of need.

2. GMReddy

GMReddy Silver IL'ite

go get what you want...you deserve it...

best of luck...

3. niceperson2345

niceperson2345 New IL'ite

Thank you all. Only big problem is lack of family support. My parents are very selfish and they don't like me staying iwth them even for a couple of months. I used ot feel bad when I was in US that I am not in India to take car of them,but now they taught me a nice lesson by showing how selfish they are. All they bother about is society. They feel that the relatives will look down upon them. To add fuel to the fire, they keep inviting those relatives all the time and those people ask me all sorts of non sense and uncomfortable questions. I don't know how to deal with this situation even though it is going to last for few months. I hate my life and it makes me suicidal that I have no where to go and noone to rely on.

4. coolsandy

coolsandy Gold IL'ite

These are the words that one utters when it depression. Nothing wrong with that. But later, at some point of time in life, we surely would regret saying, 'how come I was so foolish then... i could have handled it in a more matured way...'.

I am pretty sure most of us have uttered those words atleast once in their life. So, instead of regretting later, lets act more smartly now.

Well.. convincing your parents may be a tough job. But that is completely personal to you as to how you do it. Your conscience should not prick you later.

Where there is a will, there is a way.

And about those matrimonial sites, the genuineness of the person needs to be verified..get his school,college, university certs... verify them personally at resp colleges, work place...all this without his knowledge...This is just 10% of what needs to be done.

Most of the ILites have suggested how to go about the rest.

Good luck to you

5. geeta79

geeta79 Bronze IL'ite

I dont think ur parents hate u as such. They still love u. I think u should look at this situation from their point of view also. Older generations in india are still a bit orthodox n conservative, especially when it comes to a topic like divorce. They still think "LOG KYA KAHENGE?" Like u, ur parents are also in a state of shock with the way things have turned out in ur married life. Just give them some time. Give urself also some time. Explain them cool-ly that u were not happy in ur marriage and whatever has happened has happened for good. People in the society will talk for some time and then forget everything. They shouldnt pay attention to what people will think.
    And regarding ur remarriage, dont rush into anything. Take ur time to find a good person for u. Do verify the background of candidates through matrimonial sites.
    Dont let depression or suicidal thoughts occupy ur mind. Divert ur mind in something else, find a job, enroll for a course, meet ur old friends, etc. And TAKE CARE.

6. peacetips

peacetips Silver IL'ite

First get out of the grieving phase. Once you are able to smile without any pinch in your heart, you are ready to move on. You will know the way then how to proceed with alliance search

7. rvlakshmi

rvlakshmi Silver IL'ite

Hi dear,

It is really a very good thing to marry again, Life is short make it sweet, COMPROMISE is a very good word which equal to the word re-marriage, many fake profiles are there in matrimonial sites, so you have to be very careful in handling profiles, as all ILites suggest you have to verify everything, be mature and don't be hurry in any point of time.

All the best, wish you a very beautiful life ahead.

regards

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  8. GMReddy

GMReddy Silver IL'ite

dear op,

not only matrimonial sites, you can use other modes such as marriage bureaus, marriage brokers, friends/relatives sources, native place contacts...

be positive you will get through it successfully...whenever you are low remember that it is temporary and better things are ahead...only failures make the ultimate success very sweet...

best of luck...

9. jyotisingh24

jyotisingh24 New IL'ite

i agree take your time, my friends have also found sites useful

10. kavikuyil

kavikuyil Bronze IL'ite

Don’t worry about consoling your parents. They will eventually be okay. It’s not your job to console them, when they should be trying to help you heal from the abusive marriage. There are indeed some selfish parents out there who cannot think beyond themselves.

I mean this in a kind way - You do sound very depressed. Do take care of yourself and work on mental and physical healing. Find a good job, Go for walks, Get some sunshine, Exercise, Eat healthy, Do yoga, Pranayama to relieve all the built-in stress ... (Stress wreaks havoc on the body and takes times to release all that) .... More protein keeps mood stable, Try a hobby, Re-Discover you! Don’t jump into another relationship right away. It will come along when time is right.