Anyone from the North-east in Delhi/NCR

Discussion in 'Delhi' started by MayuriBordoloi, Jun 30, 2009.

1. MayuriBordoloi

MayuriBordoloi New IL'ite

Sorry Delo, for replying late. Its lovely to meet people like you who have left Assam and still feel so strongly for the land. I have many friends, outside Assam, both Assamese and non-Assamese who feel so strongly about being associated with the state. There are many, i know who have been in Assan maybe only for a few years, but live the experience and warmth of bonding lifelong.

Do you feel the same? I'd like to know from all associated with the 'Land of Assam'.

Morom loba,
    Mayuri

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

2. Delo

Delo Senior IL'ite

Dear Mayuri,
    Yr signing off 'Morom loba' made me so nostalgic.Its bn long since i heard that.Someday i intend visiting Assam for sure,esp Shillong,Gauhati.I intend visiting my Kong,my tailor,my school,the house in Ujjan baazar,Polton baazar where Baba worked ,the vegetable Mkt (I forget the name)Ulubaari where my Mama had a big house etc,etc.I think i can still find my way around inspite of so,so many years.
    Do write
    Dalia

3. Saswati127

Saswati127 Senior IL'ite

Hey Delo,

Great to hear that you are from SMC, which year did you passed out, I passed out in 1998. Please do let me know howz your life going at Delhi. My ancestral home is at Shillong and whenever I go to Guwahati I make a point to visit Shillong also, all my uncle, aunt, cousins stay there. Nice to hear that you also have some roots there.

4. Delo

Delo Senior IL'ite

Dear Saswati,
    I'm years senior to u.Was looking at yr profile.Our quote in life seems to b the same.Am based in Gurgaon,hop over s'time.Since u were mostly brought up in Assam(me born too!),we hv loads to catch up on our wonderful years there.
    Lots of love,Dalia

5. Delo

Delo Senior IL'ite

Hi! Mayuri,
    Where u gone?
    Dalia

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  6. MayuriBordoloi

MayuriBordoloi New IL'ite

Moromor Dalia,

Sorry dear, couldn't keep in touch all these days. I had some family commitments so just couldn't pull out time. Well, how are you doing?

Lovely to hear from you your Assam connection. Can you still speak Assamese after these long years? Do you find Assamese people in Gurgaon? I heard there is a strong community of young boys and girls working the IT and BPO industries there. Hope we can hear from them in this forum.

Bahut morom thakil,:)
    Mayuri

@ a few pics for all - Guwahati calling!
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Attached Files:

7. Delo

Delo Senior IL'ite

Dear Mayuri,
    The pix were simply out of this world.Have signed in after a long,long time.

Actually,Assam's really calling.Planning to go down next month,a wish I've silently nurtured since I left way back.Perhaps you could help me.

SHILLONG:Want to stay near Laitmukhrah

GAUHATI:Want to stay near Kelvin Cinema

Don't know why but I still feel,no matter how much its changed ,I'll find my way around.
    Is the best way to go from GAUHATI to SHILLONG by cab?
    You could write to me at scorpdelo5@gmail.com.I've to start booking,so it would help immensely if you could guide.
    Take care,
    Delo :)

8. NabanitaS

NabanitaS New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Just read a recent stats (published by The Hindu 28/08/10) on North-east migrants in Delhi.

Firstly, I take exception to the use of the word 'migrant'. As per our constitution, any citizen of India is free to go and reside in any state, city or town.. But why do we selectively use the word 'migrant'?

In Mumbai, laborers from Bihar and UP are called migrants (selectively leaving the people with white-collar jobs, Big B being an exception :spin ). In Delhi, young people from North-east India who come to study or work are called migrants; on the other hand you call people who come to India from other countries 'Expats'. :notthatway:

Who knows, after some days, if a girl from North-east gets married and settles in Delhi, she maybe called 'a migrant wife'!

Please share your views on this.