1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone from Montgomery , Cincinnati ,Ohio

Discussion in 'Indians in Cincinnati' started by priyaindusladie, Mar 30, 2012.

1. priyaindusladie

priyaindusladie Senior IL'ite

Hi All ,
    Anyone living in Olde Montgomery , Cincinnati, OH. :):)

we are about to move there in 2 weeks time. Would like to know more about the community , people , stores , schools , in and around that place.
    More importantly , we like to make indian friends over there. I've 5 yr old son who's a very busy person and would like to make friends for him too....

Thank you friends
    Priya

2. aparnaram80

aparnaram80 New IL'ite

Hi Priya,

We will be moving to Cincinnati from Hyderabad in late Nov or Dec. I have been a visitor of IL since my husband decided to accept the transfer offer. His office will be in P and G Plaza.

We are looking for apartments in Olde Montgomery and Somerset at Deerfield . It will be grt if you can give me a first hand account. abt the Olde Montgomery Apts, nearby preschools and elementary school, community etc.

We have seen the availability of the 2 Bed Townhome in Nov. Once we get the dates confirmed from the office,we plan to book it online.

Since we are coming just before winter, I am worried. I have got 2 sons, 6yr old and 3 yr old, both busybodies.

Thanks in advance,
    Aparna

3. priyaindusladie

Hi Aparna ,
    welcome to old montgomery apts. It's really a good community to live with kids. You have good amenities like play area , swimming pool , ( any how we can't use it in winter :) ) indoor game area and all. But we had a great time in summer here. The maintenance is also good.
    More indian families live in this community , so you can find good company for urself and for ur kids too.
    Your son will go to either montgomery elementary school or symmes elementary school ,both comes under is SYCAMORE SCHOOL DISTRICT which has very good rating. The school bus will pick up and drop the kids. So , no worries about school.
    you have kroger , costco , sams , almost all the stores in just 5 - 10 minutes drive in fields ertal road.
    I too moved to cincinnati just 5 months back and i love this community. :)
    If you need any help too , just ask me i can do whatever i can .
    Note - Here usually people stay in waiting list and move here to the apartment. It's little busy kind of community. So , if you get one apt just GRAB it.

See Ya

4. aparnaram80

aparnaram80 New IL'ite

Hi Priya,

Thanks for the reply. It is a big relief for me ,that I know somebody there.:)

We have booked an apartment tdy, for Nov 15th. The townhome has a big waiting list as you said.

I cannot send PM to you . So if you are in facebook, we can catch up there.

Thanks
    Aparna Ramakrishnan

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  5. priyaindusladie

Hi Aparna , thats great you booked the apt. Happy for u. Hope you too like this community. :) you asked about the school for your little one right ? Don't worry. We have COUNTRY HILL Montossori in walk able distance. I have seen some of the moms dropping and picking up their kids by walk to this school. And there are many pre K schools nearby in 5 mins drive. Yes ! I'm in Facebook too , in the name Priya Sountherarajan . Check it out . :cheers

6. aparnaram80

aparnaram80 New IL'ite

Hi!
    Thanks for the info abt the montessori.
    Not able to find u in Fb. Can u send an invite to me.

Aparna Ramakrishnan and location Hyderabad

Cheers
    Aparna

7. aparnaram80

aparnaram80 New IL'ite

Hi Priya,

Is your son in Montgomery Elementary School?

Aparna

8. priyaindusladie

Hi Aparna ,
    Sorry i was kind of busy for the past days. Just now checked your replies. I too was not able to find you in FB.
    Yes ! My son goes to montgomery Elementary school and this community all the kids from Kindergarten goes to montgomery elementary only.
    Any Questions or Any Help - ASK ME :thumbsup

9. priyaindusladie

Hi Aparna ,
    I'm not able to see your Private Messages too.

10. aparnaram80

aparnaram80 New IL'ite

Hi Priya,

I found u in FB,but couldn't add u as friend, maybe becoz of some security settings,I suppose.

We will be moving into Olde Montgomery by Nov 15th.

Don't know why the PM I send can't be seen..