anyone from Jodhpur or Jaipur

Discussion in 'Western India' started by sunja, Feb 18, 2009.

1. sunja

sunja Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    I am Sunja. Iwas in Jodhpur.My childhood was spend there which was a very happy one.I was student of St.Patrick's school.Now I am married in Jaipur. We Rajasthanis can join here and can have a hearty chitchat.:coffee

2. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Hi Sunja
    Khama ghanni
    Padharosa Aparo Khano khano Swagat Ha. :thumbsup
    Hey I am From Ajmer BUt my susral is in jodhpur. Presently I am at Sadri famous for Ranakpur jain temple.Being Jain You must have visited or heard of. At jaipur many of our relatives reside.Nice to know about you.

3. sunja

sunja Senior IL'ite

:thumbsuphi, jaijinendra
    jaishree nice to hear from you.yeah I've been to Ranakpurji alot of times in the past when we were in Jodhpur.but lately its been long since I've been there. most beautiful mandir and pratimaji.Thanks to make me remember it. hope you can send some pics of shreeg.
    hey jaishree why dont you join chanting namokaar mantra a thread started by me. You can ask some of your Jain friends also to join it:)
    bye hope to hear from you soon:wave:

4. sonal1

sonal1 New IL'ite

HI SUNJA,

HV R U?? BASICALLY I'M FM JAIPUR BT I MARRIED IN A'BAD..I REALLY MISS JAIPUR...NICE TO SEE U HERE:thumbsup...BE IN TOUCH...

SONAL1:bonk

1 person likes this.
  5. menila01

menila01 Senior IL'ite

Yes I have been to Jaipur once...
    And what I enjoyed most during my stay der was...SHOPPING...

Shopping in Jaipur
    can be an adventurous option. Many tourists enjoy hunting through the colourful and chaotic streets of Jaipur, shopping for souvenirs like silver jewellery, precious and semi-precious stones such as diamonds, topaz and emeralds, embroidered clothing and quilts, block-printed textiles, lacquered brass work, leather footwear, miniature marble carvings and blue potteries. Watching the skilful artisans at work is also a revelation in itself.

Shopping in Jaipur can be done in specialty markets, general interest markets and government approved state emporiums. The major bazaars are along Jauhari Bazaar, Badi Chaupar and M.I. Road.

The specialty Jauhari Market has jewels with unparallel cut, polish and designs, and one can see the celebrated minakars, kunda workers, gem-cutters, and ornament makers at work here. One can buy quality silverware at shops lining the workshops like Gopalji Ka Rasta and Haldion Ka Rasta. Besides jewellery, the market is also famous for tie and dye saris and dress materials.

Shopping in Jaipur is incomplete without shopping for handicrafts. Minarkari, textiles in tie and dye (bandhani), Sanganeri and Bagru block prints can make your shopping in Jaipur an experience. The finest stores are next to Jauhari Bazaar and Badi Chaupar.

Yes, so very true....
    When I was there I really could not decide what to take and what to let go...
    There were some of the finest and unique pieces of jewellery and dress materials...but ultimately I ended up buying a bandhini dress material, with some kundan jewellry and lots more...

Wonderful Experience...:)

6. mankan

mankan Gold IL'ite

hi friends i m also from jaipur,i really love jaipur.i also miss it a lot though i go evryyr.i have visited many places but nothing like jaipur.thanks.

7. khannamilan

khannamilan New IL'ite

hi
    i am also from jodhpur,born brought in jodh,married in lucknow.My father started his carrier from there.i am from central school A.F than medical college.
    Nice to hear from u.

1 person likes this.
  8. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Hi khanna milan
    Doctor ! ,Same pinch .Welcome in this forum. My inlaws are from jodhpur me basically from ajmer .JLN med. college.Now jodhpur is my home!

1 person likes this.