1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone from Calgary?

Discussion in 'Indians in Canada' started by somasubu, Dec 21, 2007.

1. mbhatt

mbhatt New IL'ite

Hi Shubha,
    This is Mona from Austin,Tx from USA.We are planning to relocate to Calgary by the end of August. Let me know which is good place for Indians in NW with good schooling.(elemetary and middle). Where do you live in NW? I heard that NE has more Indians then NW.

waiting for your reply,
    Thanks,

2. naren420

naren420 New IL'ite

Hi guys,

My sister who currently lives in Hyderabad, India has got admission to Mount Royal College in Calgary starting in September. She will be reaching Calgary in August. We need help in finding accomodation (preferable shared closer to the college).

Does anyone know any Indian students studying currently in that college? Is there an Indian Students association? Please respond asap.

Thanks.

3. shubhavasudevan

shubhavasudevan Senior IL'ite

Hi Mona

sorry I missed your query. Please mail to my personal email. I am not very familiar with high schools in N.W. but I can find out for you . Looking forward to yoru mail.

regards
    shubha

4. mbhatt

mbhatt New IL'ite

Hi,
    I have send you a request for befriend through this site.
    Shubha, I don't see your personal email id in your profile. BTW my kids will go to 7th and 4th grade.howis bowness,varsity areas?We r looking apartments in this areas as schools are good here. Any suggestions from you regarding good schooling areas and some presence of indians?

I read your other posts and it seems you like to try new receipes as you mentioned in your profile. I didn't get time to read all of it but will love to make some new ones.

looking forward from you,
    Mona

5. mbhatt

mbhatt New IL'ite

Hi Shubha,

I have not received any reply from you and I don't have your personal email id. Is there any other way we can chat with each other?

Regards,
    Mona

6. charusarathy

charusarathy New IL'ite

thats a plesant surprise to find IL from calgary...:)
    may be we must have a IL meetup at calgary..

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  7. charusarathy

charusarathy New IL'ite

Hi Subha.. i live in calgary too.. i am in NE .nice to find namma makkal in calgary

8. peeks

peeks Gold IL'ite

hi datta,

I am presently in toronto thinking of moving to calgary, (single east indian) would you say it is safe and better then toronto. it is a major move for me, not sure if it is the right one. Are there jobs available and what is a safe place for a single girl to rent/ buy condo ( I dont want to be isolated )
    thanks

9. mbhatt

mbhatt New IL'ite

Hi shubha,
    Would you please tell me, which are the best and safe places for a family to live in N.W Calgary? I heard that N.W is good but which are the good residential areas? I have 2 school going kids (Elementary and middle) so it is imp. for us to stay in a safe and friendly locality.
    We are planning to move in july so before that we have to search and decide where to stay? please, help me in this matter.
    Thanks,
    Mbhatt

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  10. mbhatt

mbhatt New IL'ite

Anyone knows about Holly acres apartment community in N.W? how is it? schools are very good around this area.It's on 37th street N.W.
    I am looking an apartment for rent in high rise building. any other apt. communities with presence of Indians?