1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

anyone from Boston area

Discussion in 'Indians in Boston' started by bsnashua, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Shivashakthi

Shivashakthi New IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    I am a new ILite and am so happy to have come accross this community. I live in Stoughton MA (heard of IKEA!). Norwood is pretty close to my place. Happy to meet all of you. Are there any Stoughtonites, Cantonites, Sharonites out there?

Cheers
    Shivashakthi:cheers

2. RamyaKrishn

RamyaKrishn Silver IL'ite

Hey ILites of Boston area,

I am a new ILite, am in Boston... Nice to see you all here... Wonderful thread of posts...

Drpreethis, I agree to what you say NJ can never be replaced by any other place here... I keep visiting there but I have been in Boston ever since I landed here... This place impresses me...

About Dosa Temple, I have heard of it but never been there... I would love to visit there once... I did happen to drop by Himalayan Bistro (Indian- Nepali restaurant) its amazing I liked the food there... Its in West Roxbury, I guess it should be way far for you...

Virajkiraah, you will definitely fall in love with Boston sooner or later, no doubt though it always takes time for us to get acquianted... Well Happy to meet you guys here have a wonderful time catch you soon...

cheers

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  3. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Ramya ,

A little secret.. I like MA better than NJ too !! ;)
    But for poor Viraj.. it was like coming from a temple to library.. :)
    COmpared to the number of Indians there.. MA is a handful..
    Dosa temple is a treat for vegeterians.. I remeber a brahmin friend of ours happily going in for serving without having botherd to read the dish name written..

P.S - I hope I am not writing to the Tamil movie star ?? Tell me.. Tell me !!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  4. virajkiraah

virajkiraah New IL'ite

Hi DrPreethis....

Yeah I do miss jersey, but am slowly falling in love with boston too. It's been almost 3 years since I moved out here. we had an option to move back to ny, but I wasn't comfortable moving to a new job out there in the middle of what all is going on!

Where do you live? I love Cambridge!!

5. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Viraj ,

I have been to NJ.. but trust me.. I used to feel soo good about Boston..and used to just wait to return.. Similarly people from NJ would wait to return to their place of stay.. :)

I live in Woburn.. and yes.. I love this place too.. !! My home ! :)

6. sumasandeep

sumasandeep Silver IL'ite

Hello .... Hi everybody ...

Glad to see so many IL in Boston area :)

I knew only Dr.Preeti form Boston area :)

Hi... I am Suma .... basically from B'lr

7. ajitha

ajitha New IL'ite

Hi Everyone,
    I am Ajitha. I am from Nashua, Nh. I am originally from Chennai. I am in Us for 2 years now. I have a 1 year old baby boy. Hoping to find friends here...

8. bsnashua

bsnashua New IL'ite

Hello all,

Belated Happy Valentines Day to all of you.I hope you all had a wonderful time.

Hi Ajitha,thanks for your friendship invite.i do live in Nashua too.lets keep in touch if you are interested.

Thanks!
    Madhavi.

9. punammutha

punammutha New IL'ite

Hi

Iam Punam and have been staying in Norwood for a couple of years. I wanted to know if there are any playgroups or playdates happening in the area for indian kids...i have a 10 month daughter.

-Punam

10. purplebird

purplebird New IL'ite

Hi,

I have been in Boston for the past two years and have come to this forum for recipe, household and fitness ideas but I had no idea there was an exclusive thread for Bostonians. Very happy to find one today:)

I would love to know and be friends with all of you guys. BTW I am put up at Medford,MA and have a 18 month old daughter:)

Jayasri