1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

anyone from Boston area

Discussion in 'Indians in Boston' started by bsnashua, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Brinda,
    I mailed you. Hope I got your email right. was it yahoo.com or yahoo.co.in or something else ? Let me know if you did recv my mail..

2. virajkiraah

virajkiraah New IL'ite

hi,

I am a new IL member living and working in and around Boston. Originally from bangalore, hope to make some friends and share jokes and stories. Moved from jersey to boston 2.5 years ago.

cheers

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  3. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Bangalore- Boston !! Both something I can connect to !! :) Welcome to IL.. You will surely have no regrets joining here.. Trust me ! :)

Moving from NJ to MA will be like leaving India to US isnt ? NJ is so much like India.. We have firends there and when we visit have always felt like trip to mumbai.. :)

Enjoy your time in IL ..

4. chennai girl

chennai girl New IL'ite

Hi

I am in lowell. New to this place(US as well as this forum). Can u suggest a good indian grocery store near my place? Some grocery stores near my place has lots of expired items. So I am afraid to buy our indian snacks or sweets here. Either they r expired or no expiration date.

5. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Hi,

You could visit Cambridge St, Burlington ( I guess not very far from Lowell ) a store called Spice land. It has been a good one in the vicinity. I could give you the address if you want it for sure or you could even google it out. In Lowell , particularly I really dont know. There is another one called Patel Brothers in Waltham.. But not too sure how far it is from Lowell. Burlington.. one looks 20 mins drive from lowell.

6. chennai girl

chennai girl New IL'ite

Thanks a lot. I had a terrible experience with the indian stores in lowell. I dont mind travelling 30 min or spending more money on fresh and good quality groceries. I got the address from google. I will go to spiceland next time and share my experience.

Once again thanks for your help.

7. virajkiraah

virajkiraah New IL'ite

I second Patel Brothers in Waltham from DrPreethi's post. It's pretty good and you have quite a few stores so competition is good and they keep their stuff quite fresh.

8. virajkiraah

virajkiraah New IL'ite

Hi DrPreethis,

Nice to see your reply. Yeah I miss Journal square and edison in Jersey. Can't seem to find a decent dosa place out here in Mass as yet :(

Seems like a fun and useful network out here. I love the site already!

Have an enjoyable week.

cheers

9. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Awwww.. Viraj !! :) Boston can never in anytime replace NJ for sure !! But there are quite a few good restaurants around. There is Pongal in Bellirica.
    Dosa Temple near Ashland ( authentic veg ) .. Pongal is really good, trust me.. One of my favs anytime !! :) Definitly you wont find many options in Boston.. but then, for bread and butter.. you need to move out from your fav places , isnt ??

Cmon, dont feel soo bad.. Every place is heaven if you make the best out of it !! :) Go around browse through IL and you will find many good restaurants around here..

Talking about IL .. oh yes.. no second thoughts !! An Awesome community !! :)

Happy stay in IL .. :)

10. dplatha

dplatha New IL'ite

Hi All,

I am looking for a Indian Gynecologist in and around Westborough/Shrewsberry/Marlborough/Worcester/frammingham/Natick?Northborough.

Please help me if you know anyone.

Thanks,
    Latha