Anyone did or doing CISA course in US?

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by ssubhasr, Jan 22, 2008.

1. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi

Anyone completed or doing CISA (Certified Information Systems Audit) in US ?

If so pl help me in buying the reference books for the same.....if ayone know where the classes will be held at Pittsburgh ?

2. ManuuRaghuu

ManuuRaghuu Senior IL'ite

Hi Subha,

Can you plz clarify my ques.Do we need to have some professional IS auditing experience to take the certification exam?

Thanks,

ManuuRaghuu

3. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi mannu

So far as i know it requires only a graduation.....but am not sure abt that....thats y i posted this to enquire whether anyone is doing or anyone know abt this course.....

Are u a B.Com, graduate ?

4. ManuuRaghuu

ManuuRaghuu Senior IL'ite

Subha,

I have a Masters Degree in Information Systems from India & had the subject "Infomation Sytems Auditing & Control" in my curriculum.That's the reason Iam interested.

5. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi all

No one is doing CISA or did CISA ? Pl help me clearing the exams....

6. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

7. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Thank you Nandhu

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

subha,

If you are registered with isaca you get to download the reference material from their site itself...

And once you are registered, you will be notified about the details of the chapter, and also the classes.

My SIL has just regd..and she is in chennai. I am convincing veda to take the exams so have looked at the details...:idea

Ron webber's book is good. but I find revathi sriram very simple....these are available at sitaraman and co...

9. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi Shanthi

Thank you for the info....I Jus registered in Feb for June exams...and got the study material kind of thing from ISACA...This time in Pittsbuurgh chapter, they are not going to conduct any classes it seems. And there is no model question papers in that. Moreover, now-a-days i dont feel like reading or studying. My health & mind are not cooperating. Thats y am very much worried.

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi subha,

This is what i suggest...

Read the topics that you are already familiar with if you are an it person then system analysis and file securities and others, just like that and then concentrate on the audit principles.

Why I suggested revathi sriram. and ron webber (I brought the books and of the two i feel revathi has given a cryptic and a nice explanation.)

I think if you pay for the sample papers you get a copy to down load...
    Try to get the sample papers...and try answering them. it will help...since they are all objective question..(now dont comebonk at me ..I know they are tricky..) come on cheer up and try your level best.

IF you are not upto it...post pone the exam to december..you are allowed to do it by paying an additional 50$..if I am not wrong..

(For a person who has not tried cisa, i seem to be interested and knowing so much...Big LaughBig Laugh. and I hope my DH budges to my request and appears)